OK, football season is over and we have time to deal with the Washington (name redacted) controversy before the next season starts. Let's rename the team the Washington Warriors.
Scotland had the right idea. When they had the vote for independence, they made the day a national holiday. They had over 80% turn-out. Now Bernie Sanders wants to do the same here.
No he's not. I'm just messing with ya.
Todd Akin is now claiming that his wording was slightly off and that's what the 'legitimate rape' problem is all about. No. It isn't
Todd Akin: ‘I should have said legitimate case of rape’http://www.washingtonpost.com/...
Well, this is going to make Tony Perkins head explode.
Children of same-sex couples are happier and healthier than peers, research showshttp://www.washingtonpost.com/...
is that it's not about Hobby Lobby.
So David Brat is the new Republican candidate for the House of Representatives in Virginia's 7th District. He ran specifically on blocking immigration reform. The Republican Party is screwed.
Well, it seems the 'lame steam' media is ignoring the millions and millions of people who have descended on Washington and are only reporting on the horrible flooding in the area. You would think there would be, like, news choppers over the Mall showing video of the throngs and reporters on the ground talking to these millions of patriots, but nooooooooo. All they care about is people trapped in their cars on flooded roads and downed power lines. Washington Post is headlining the elections in India. Maybe they should be headlining the huge mass of people now assemble outside their doors. Even FOX News has joined the conspiracy and is only talking about Benghazi. BENGHAZI!!! Boy, are they going to be sorry! Comes the revolution......
As of 12:00 pm, Tuesday, January 28, 2014
New York, NY 18*, feels like 8*
Washington DC 15*, feels like 5*
Mobile, Al 34*, feels like 24*
Chicago, IL -19*, feels like -28*
Fargo, ND -13*, feels like -28*
Salt Lake City, UT 30*, feels like 22*
As Meatloaf once said in song "I would do anything for love, but I won't do that."
Now embattled former Gov Bob McDonell is singing that song to wife Maureen.
Not the idea of having polling places per say, but the idea that you can have one and only one place to vote.
Have you ever taken advantage of early voting? I have. I went to a local school that was set up for early voting, stood in line for two hours, and voted. Me and lots and lots of other people. There were three or four early voting centers set up in our county. I could have gone to any of them but I picked the one closest to where I live. My name was checked on a computer with the voting roll, so it didn't matter which early voting center I went to. So, why would I have had to go to a specific polling place on the actual election day?
Chris Christie, moderate, establishment, won in a blow-out in a blue state.
E.W. Jackson, bat-shit crazy even for the Tea Party, got crushed in a purple state.
Ken Cuccinelli, just normal bat-shit crazy, barely lost in the above mentioned purple state.
What will the Tea Party spin on this be?
Recommended by Annie B
- . . . because some stories are crying out for a showtune!3 comments 8 Recs
- Getting passed around on Twitter and Facebook today is the heartwarming image of the new-and-improved birth announcement for Elizabeth Anne Bogert (b. 1995). Bogert told his parents that he was ...70 comments 415 Recs
- In ...95 comments 75 Recs
- It didn't occur to me until just now, watching the anger rise on the streets of Ferguson. Throughout the day, when I heard the announcement would take place at 9:00 eastern time and 8:00 local time,157 comments 338 Recs
- I took this screenshot from the front page of The Detroit News this afternoon: That's what we call irony, kids. Irony, pure and simple.41 comments 175 Recs
- Perhaps the best picture of the day. I think there's some folks who disapprove of your job, Mitch.102 comments 359 Recs
- This article was first published here. Every flu season, I resurrect this hysterical and snarky by Infectious Disease specialist330 comments 73 Recs
- For nearly two thousand years the religious have killed, banished, tortured, and jailed atheists for the crime of being atheists and daring to tell someone they were. After reading Enough Atheist ...791 comments 702 Recs
- If money were water.2 comments 10 Recs
- It is often assumed that atheists lack the moral fortitude of our religious counterparts. I want to shed some light on this subject. Although I cannot speak on behalf of all atheists I can share ...143 comments 86 Recs
Annie B's Tags
- No current results.
Annie B's Blogroll
- No current results.