Sell Yosemite! Dump the Post Office, the prison system, education, Social Security!! Conservatives have been pushing this agenda for decades, insisting that private ownership would increase efficiency, but would it?
Encryption software is pretty good these days, but modern computers are so fast that brute force methods can decode anything in reasonable time. How to preserve privacy -- it's easy. Read on. . .
When the Southern states tried to leave the Union, the ensuing war ended this ambition for the time, but it still simmers below the surface. We need to find a way to vent this pressure or it could blow up again.
The failings of these machines are well known: With suitable means and the access afforded to a Registrar of Voters, they can be preprogramed to produce any desired result -- despite what the actual votes were.
I was going to title this blog "Why are Democrats so thick headed about economics," but I wanted readers to get past the title without scaring them off quite so immediately. So here goes. . .
You may not like the man -- many don't. I am told he doesn't suffer fools gladly, but it is an attitude he can afford when he is not the one being a fool.
but it can be used against them if Democrats have any sense. Let me propose a long range plan.
It has happened before. After the Viet Nam war, many mustered-out servicemen sought jobs in law enforcement. Then began a series of acts of police violence. We are seeing it again in Ferguson. Why? How?
I can hear it now. Whoa, boy. You have gone to far. But no. Hear me out.
The republicans have allowed their current brand of fanaticism to unhinge their judgment. This is good. Why, you ask. . .
We live on the verge of an intended plutocracy. Money moves to swing elections; it tries to command slience; it seeks to secure votes. However, this great strength is its own critical weakness. Read on. . .
Tea party vs. establishment -- we all watch this conflict, perhaps with a touch of amusement. However, there is a much worse division republicans will have to deal with, the differing objectives of cash and bond holders.
Rush Limbaugh's ship is not sinking yet, but it is listing substantially. From king of the airwaves he has slipped insensibly in ratings and revenue, and how this occurred has a powerful lesson for us.
Recommended by T C Gibian
- Almost every day on Facebook, Twitter, or some other social media, I see a conservative ranting away with how the Republican Party is the party of, ahem, “good Christian values” Often ...159 comments 164 Recs
- I've been working on this Florida issue, so happy to spread the news that even in Florida with enough work and fantastic allies we can accomplish the almost impossible. How we did it was with ...4 comments 16 Recs
- The national spotlight on Kansas continues. And as a resident, the actions of an ultra-“conservative” (I’ll get to those quotations in a minute) legislature and governor are painful and ...83 comments 115 Recs
- "We want an Israel that celebrates diversity, where tolerance is not a weakness it’s a strength. We want an Israel that teaches its poor with compassion. We want an Israel that treats minorities ...47 comments 90 Recs
- Growing up in our middle-class neighborhood meant that there seemed to be an equal number of Republicans and Democrats. Our neighborhood, in the suburbs of the San Francisco Bay Area, was divided ...6 comments 13 Recs
- A couple of ladies were chatting near my cash register the other day after their lunch, as one admired the other's wallet. "Oh, it was only five hundred dollars," she said to her friend. "I wish I'd ...513 comments 534 Recs
- "Forgive them, lord, for they know not what they do." In an effort to denigrate the Affordable Care Act, the Republicans started calling it Obamacare, intended to be a derisive remark about that ...103 comments 223 Recs
- I had to look up the word "idiot" while reading Wapo today in order to wade through my first, and last, bit of George Will's dross. id·i·ot ~ ˈidēət/ noun: a stupid person. a mentally ...28 comments 47 Recs
- Something that's been troubling me for some time is why conservatives are so successful in twisting support away from popular, common-sense progressive ideas. And even when their strategic moves ...28 comments 21 Recs
- I'm a Family Doctor whose private practice was recently purchased by our local hospital system. It's not uncommon. We were purchased 3 years ago along with many other practices because the hospital ...97 comments 259 Recs
T C Gibian's Tags
- No current results.
T C Gibian's Blogroll
- No current results.