We got it going on here in Wake County, the Triangle, and North Carolina. Watch, Share, and GOTV!
To follow up on yesterday's most excellent diary:
Here's a livestream link to today's Moral March on Raleigh happening right now:
Life finds me unable to attend but can be here to discuss in comments below.
Here’s my response (below) to the following posting that appeared on my Facebook timeline yesterday.
FYI- very close friend friend and son with bcbs got notice hospital insurance as of jan 1st goes from $420 to $845 for silver plan with a 5000 deductible. There is a bronz, silver, gold and platinum. Cant imagine what gold or plat. would cost. WHERE IS OBAMAS $2500. MAX YEARLY COST???????????? THATS EITHER A MAJOR LIE OR STUPIDITY . POSSIBLE REDUCTION WITH SUBSIDIES BUT YET TO BE DETERMINED. YOU CAN BE SURE IT WONT COME CLOSE TO WHAT IT WAS MUCH LESS THE STATED 2500.00.
The recent bipartisan calls to remove the tax on medical devices demonstrates (once again) the stranglehold corporate interests exert on our democracy. You may recall that the tax was intended to contribute between $20 - $30 billion in revenues (over the next ten years) as part of the Affordable Care Act. Here’s a FAQ link from IRS for background info.
Proudly Presenting for Your Viewing Pleasure (6 minutes)
Story of America is there as six young voting rights activists are arrested in the NC Speaker of the House's office last evening. Take a few moments to view this captivating and compelling footage.
The NC Association of Educators is calling for its members to attend the next (and last) Moral Monday in Raleigh on Monday, July 29th. Please watch this brief video and help make it go viral. (You know what to do)
Can't seem to embed the video, but here's the link:
The special session of the Texas Senate begins at 2 pm Central Daylight time. And here's a link to view: http://www.texastribune.org/...
Of course, we have our own soggy event happening simultaneously here in the Triangle as the ninth wave of Moral Mondays promises to be a galvanizing event.
Watch the promo for today's Moral Monday here and like and share on Facebook:
Follow below the orange biscuit to view the 5 minute video.
“Wake Up, North Carolina! Wake Up! Wake Up!” was a rallying cry led by Reverend William J. Barber II on Monday, May 20 in Raleigh.
“It’s time to walk, it’s time to march, it’s time to say Forward Together - Not One Step Back!”To get an idea of what is happening on the ground here in North Carolina, take a few moments to watch this video produced at the fourth “Moral Monday” on May 20
Read this article scribed by Thomas Mills posted in Politics North Carolina:
Explore the content and links provided by Denise Oliver Valez in her diary posted on the front page of Daily Kos:
The IRS scandal is Benghazi! All over again. But the target is the Affordable Care Act.
And just like little is stated by MSM about how funding for security for embassies and such was less than needed and requested, funding for IRS has been less than needed and requested.
Recommended by TriangleNC
- GOP Shutdown/Default-Latest Updates 10-15-13:Bizarre Day, Cruz Controls, Boehner Folds, End in SightThis was the single most bizarre day I've observed in US politics since the beginning of the Florida recount in 2000. The events were so fast moving and changing that I didn't know from 1 hour to ...114 comments 222 Recs
- The Rev. William Barber II A bill with a fat package of changes in state voter laws will likely be passed by the North Carolina legislature this week. Many of the changes are specifically designed ...138 comments 146 Recs
- President Obama (Jonathan Ernst/REUTERS) White House senior staff held a conference call with reporters to clarify the "accommodation" on the contraceptive coverage rule that ...284 comments 43 Recs
- Nationwide Call for Action - Next Week - You are all invited to participate! As you know, the signature gathering phase of the Recall Walker campaign will be ending this Saturday, ...59 comments 107 Recs
- On Saturday September 17th, I heard cheers and shouts on the streets of my city in Lower Manhattan. I didn't know what was happening, but it sounded big. I walked towards it and thus ...90 comments 294 Recs
- This is almost entirely a shameless self-promotion diary. With that caveat, the reader is invited to move along or stick around for a few grafs to see what constitutes "almost entirely."375 comments 410 Recs
- Thursday night my Husband and I were quietly checking our mail online when I mentioned an email from MoveOn.org about the nationwide rallies in support of Wisconsin workers. We had no plans for ...50 comments 109 Recs
- Anyone who thinks this story is going away anytime soon might want to have another think (I'm looking at you, you adorable little Fox Newsy people). According to Talking Points Memo , the ...441 comments 699 Recs
- It was a brilliant and dazzlingly bright winter day in St. Paul, MN today. Follow me below the fold for my trip to the Rally in the Capital rotunda to show Minnesota labor's solidarity with the ...46 comments 54 Recs
- All week long I've been closely following the situation in Madison as I sat on my couch sneezing and coughing. Others have covered the issue itself. I'm going to cover what we can actually DO ...281 comments 597 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.