If anyone fancies making their opinion on tonight's debate know, here are a few web-polls unceremoniously yanked all-but randomly from across the web (at the time of posting, the results seem varied, but quite a few have Ryan winning, which, umm... wasn't what I saw!):
And another Kosack is added to the growing chorus of incredibly touched, grateful, introspective and a tad incredulous people across the USA and beyond (in my case, I'm a Brit who finds American politics and society nigh-on unbearably fascinating) who have been touched by the phenomenal generosity of the members of this incredible community!
I had wanted to post something yesterday when I realised that I had been gifted, however, my all-but mother-in-law had flown my long-term partner and I over to Germany (from the UK) for Christmas and we arrived back late last night. There are so many people to thank, from Onomastic for, I believe, inspiring the drive, Dr Erich Bloodaxe RN, Nurse Kelly and so many others for putting so much hard work into the drive itself, the lovely Yasuragi for nominating me and tmservo433 for taking the absurdly lovely step of gifting me a lifetime subscription despite our not really knowing each other. To say that I am astounded would be understatement of truly epic proportions.
I wish that I had the resources to pass this on and buy someone else a subscription, but alas, that is pretty much impossible for me. I really, really shouldn't even do this on a financial front, but I simply cannot receive this largess without paying a little of it forward, so I'm going to chip in $10 to the small-donor drive.
You are in the the 32nd Child Diary of the Liveblog of the 2011 Egyptian Uprising and other uprisings spreading throughout the Mideast. We stand with our Egyptian friends and their courageous struggle for freedom.
DO NOT REC THIS DIARY! Rec the Mothership here.
(The idea is to keep the Mothership visible on the rec list, with links therein to the child diaries where we can discuss the events. This prevents multiple liveblog diaries taking up slots on the rec list.)
You are in the current BP disaster ROV, number 207. Number 206 is here.
Please DO NOT Rec this diary, rather REC THE MOTHERSHIP instead. She needs your love to stay afloat.
Please be kind to kossacks with bandwidth issues. Please do not post images or videos. Again, many thanks for this.
PLEASE visit Crashing Vor and Pam LaPier's Diaries to find out how you can help the Gulf now and in the future. We don't have to be idle! And thanks to Crashing Vor and Pam LaPier for working on this!
For a description of the mothership/ROV liveblogging process, check out this thread.
So, it's hardly news 'round these parts that there's what one might call a distinct possibility the United States (alongside various allies, my own country, the UK, amongst them) may have been naughty and made a boo-boo with regard to its obligations to not commit war-crimes. However, what is new is that, through the clear implication of his words today, we may have a new case for asking the support of one Barack Obama in investigating such incidents, not to mention following-up on any findings of such investigations.
Recommended by petulans
- The Texas legislature has a slew of bills before it to try and circumvent a favorable SCOTUS ruling on marriage equality. One of them is to protect clergy, and a state Senate commitee held a ...60 comments 31 Recs
- Nothing to see here! Two years ago, scientists at UCLA predicted there would ...37 comments 96 Recs
- Well if U.S. Attorney Paul Fishman's indictment is any guide, it was quite a lot. Full text of Wildstein indictment courierpostonline.com -- May 1, 2015 [ pg 4 ] [...] 2. From in or about ...91 comments 143 Recs
- You probably don't want to hear this but California is using water left from fracking to water cropsYes, it's the waste water left over from fracking. The fracking liquid that contains chemicals we don't know about. This is the kind of idiocy posing as one solution to the California man-...92 comments 144 Recs
- New hashtag promoted by the Baltimore Police Union What in the world? After six Baltimore police officers were arrested on felony charges in ...124 comments 125 Recs
- When it comes down to it, the president has a problem. No one doubts that he is wicked smart. And there's the rub when it comes to the Trans Pacific Partnership: if he was, say, Sarah Palin-level ...84 comments 113 Recs
- I tried to write a roundup of what's going down in New York on Saturday but was thwarted by the internet gnomes that were migrating Big Orange at the time. A lot has happened since then! Here's ...58 comments 96 Recs
- Officer Justin Craven after being charged with misconduct in the shooting death of Ernest Satterwhite On April 7, two white police officers in South Carolina were arrested for shooting and ...118 comments 216 Recs
- Now that charges have been filed in the Police Murder of Freddie Gray we've begun to hear the excuses and counter claims that the Prosecutor " Overcharged ", was "Politically Motivated" in ...136 comments 292 Recs
- Chloe Hugh was in the middle of her final shift at Boss Hawg's Barbecue in Topeka, Kansas when Governor Sam Brownback and his family sat down in her section. Upset by Brownback's repeated assault on ...48 comments 231 Recs
- No current results.