I decided to post a snark filled rant on my Facebook page about the "evils" of the CFPB, and decided it needed a broader audience, I have brought it here to you my fellow Kosacks! Follow me bellow the orange squiggle of death (whatever) for my tale of big government woe! This will be short and painless.
Last week a friend of mine, Lisa Kelly owner of The Red Tent a holistic women's health center in Delray Beach Florida, was served with an eviction notice. Her crime? Feeding, neutering/spaying, and adopting cats living in a feral colony around the property she rents.
WPBF TV in West Palm Beach, FL has picked up on the story and it is now beginning to pick up national attention (yay!).
Follow me bellow the Orange Hairball of Doom for more...
I have a confession, I am a dog person. For many years I have owned several pooches, and boy do I love them. I am currently the proud owner of Lucy, a 13 year old Maltese. Lucy is a sweetheart, she loves people, though she is not very fond of other dogs. Lucy is going blind and deaf... at the same time. She is also having a tough time moving around because her hips are starting to bother her. Those things aside, she is in good health and she is an amazing companion. Nothing can replace my Lucy girl. That said, someone came along this weekend who is curling up in a little spot in my heart that I didn't know existed. The story of how that happened is a bit of an adventure... follow me to the other side of the odd squiggly thing for details.
This is going to be short and sweet... frankly not much of a diary, but I saw this story and it crystallized why I support our new HCR Law.
Yeah, judging by the headline alone, I think you know where I am going with this.
Confessor Correa had an aortic dissection, but he was almost denied a life-saving surgery because hospitals and surgeons near his home believed he had no health insurance.
I am about sick of hearing my conservative "friends" bitch about the new LAW. Tell Confessor Correa that this law is evil... go ahead, I dare ya.
Thanks to you Mr. President, I will no longer to live in a country that headlines like the one above exist.
So yesterday I read this Reced diary Healthcare Reform Goes Viral on Facebook and decide I want to join in the fun.
So I posted this statement on my status for facebook yesterday:
No one should die because they cannot afford healthcare. No one should go broke because they get sick, and no one should be tied to a job because of pre-existing condition. If you agree, please post this as your status for the rest of the day.
I got one response from one of my "friends" whom I have not spoken to since we worked together like 10 years ago.
Rep. Louise Slaughter posted a diary earlier Bypassing the "Screamers" for a Real Conversation proposing that she will hold online town hall meetings to avoid being shouted down by right wing thugs.
There are many comments in that diary, including my own, that urge Rep. Slaughter to reconsider. The more I thought about these comments, the more I felt it necessary to address a long running problem with our representatives in the Democratic party.
Harry Reid thinks we are putting too much pressure on Evan Bayh and his merry band of quivering lumps of Jello.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Friday that liberal groups targeting moderate Democrats should back off, saying pressure from the left wing of his party won't be helpful to enacting legislation.
"I think it's very unwise and not helpful," Reid said Friday morning. "These groups should leave them alone. It’s not helpful to me. It’s not helpful to the Democratic Caucus."
There it is... Harry Reid's "Leave Britney Alone" moment.
So today's outrage du jour is the "Special Olympics" joke made by President Obama. Yeah, it was an insensitive comment, no doubt, but lets be honest, we have all made similar insensitive jokes at one time or another. I for one don't feel he meant any harm, and he has done a fine job of making amends. Enough on that.
Earlier today I was talking to a coworker of mine who is a dyed in the wool, Hannity loving, Limbaugh listening, Republican. He made a comment regarding this incident saying, "So Obama doesn't do so well without a teleprompter... I didn't see it, but I heard he made fun of disabled children." At that point I about lost it... I won't go into the details, but I tried to explain the situation, but this life long conservative had finally found political correctness, and I was having none of it.
This little anecdote is not really the point of this diary, the point is that President Obama reminded me of something.
Condo in Arlington, VA- $850,000
(Double Wide) Condo #1 in Phoenix, AZ- $4.7 Million
(Double Wide) Condo #2 in Phoenix, AZ- $1.4 Million
"Ranch" in Page Springs, AZ- $1.1 Million
Condo #1 in La Jolla, CA- $1 Million
Condo #2 in La Jolla, CA- $2.7 Million
Condo #3 in La Jolla, CA- $2.1 Million
Being so fucking rich that you can't remember how many houses you own- Priceless
There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's Cindy's McMaster Card.
Yeah, I said it... McCain won tonight.
Yes, McCain was thrown softballs... the media is biased... WELL LAAAA TEEEE DAAA.
Fuck! Stop wining about it...
DO Something about it.
Let it motivate you to get the fuck out there and talk up Obama... tell everyone you see that McLame is Bush's 3rd term.
Go on offense... Obama surrogates should be out on the talk shows tomorrow punching him in the balls...
A fellow kossack, JWSwift, has gotten a LTE published by the South Florida Sun-Sentinel in response to their moronic call "Impeachment not worth another minute of anybody's time".
The opinion piece by the Sentinel calls for Wexler and Kucinich to drop their impeachment bid for "real issues"
From MSNBC's First Read:
From NBC/NJ's Matthew Berger
MILBANK, S.D. -- Bill Clinton acknowledged Monday that today may be his last campaigning for his wife.
"I want to say also, that this may be the last day I'm ever involved in a campaign of this kind," the former president said at a town hall at the Milbank Visitor Center.
Recommended by weelzup
- Treatment over incarceration? Yes. Massachusetts has been fighting a growing wave of ...34 comments 92 Recs
- I am sad, but also excited, to announce that after 11 years I am leaving Daily Kos and joining Raintank , where I will be working on monitoring software and doing devsy-opsy. It's been a long and ...115 comments 276 Recs
- Good night and good luck, Samantha Bee! Last night on The Daily Show, Jon Stewart bid a fond farewell to Samantha Bee, "the most senior correspondent of The Best F#@king News Team Ever." She'...10 comments 59 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...130 comments 134 Recs
- 364 comments 398 Recs
- "I also don't believe that your sexual preferences are a choice for the vast and enormous majority of people. In fact...I believe that sexual preference is something that people are born with." "It'...198 comments 184 Recs
- Louisiana state troopers were driving a pick-up truck with a Mississippi license plate when they parked in a private lot before disappearing into a sushi restaurant for lunch. The troopers, who ...110 comments 247 Recs
- It's time to put another false equivalency to bed. Whenever I complain about the influence of the vast sums of money donated to various candidates by the Koch Brothers, inevitably someone chimes in ...122 comments 244 Recs
- I'm a Family Doctor whose private practice was recently purchased by our local hospital system. It's not uncommon. We were purchased 3 years ago along with many other practices because the hospital ...97 comments 259 Recs
- And there we have it. The initial Bill O'Reilly fib, the ...111 comments 273 Recs
- No current results.