View Diary: Democratic Congresswoman says GOP colleagues admit to tanking the economy to hurt Obama (249 comments)

•  Politics (16+ / 0-)

If she names specific people, you can guarantee she'll get shut out of creating any lasting change in the Congress.

I understand how ridiculous that sounds, given this Congress' AMAZING track record with accomplishing ANYTHING, but you're asking her to virtually blacklist herself.

We would never shoot nuclear weapons against Decepticons, ever. Never. --MSNBC Military Analyst Col. Jack H. Jacobs, Army (Ret.)

by Tremolo on Wed Nov 16, 2011 at 08:27:47 AM PST

•  Nailed it n/t (7+ / 0-)

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
      -- Dr. Peter Venkman

Yeah, yeah, I tweet

by Eclectablog on Wed Nov 16, 2011 at 09:11:12 AM PST

•  Still, a little sunshine goes a long way (2+ / 0-)
      theKgirls, Onomastic

If her "friends" had a little political consequence to what they are doing, then governing this country of ours wouldn't be so difficult.

I do not feel obligated to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use -- Galileo Galilei

by ccyd on Wed Nov 16, 2011 at 09:22:31 AM PST

•  if her "friends" had any *conscience* (0+ / 0-)

they would out those who are doing this.  But you have no conscience if you're a Republican, it appears.  At least, not in Congress.

"... a disciplined minority of totalitarians can use the instruments of democratic government to undermine democracy itself." -- Hannah Aredt, regarding the behavior of the National Socialist (NAZI) Party in the Reichstag in the Weimar Republic.

by billlaurelMD on Wed Nov 16, 2011 at 01:52:24 PM PST

•  Great. So the party continues... (2+ / 0-)
      Onomastic, dewley notid
    •  Actually, I agree with you (13+ / 0-)

I understand why she won't name names -- I just think this is easy for her critics and the MSM to brush this comment aside when she says she knows friends. We need her in Congress, so I don't want her to be shunned and ineffective -- but god wouldn't it be great if Congress could put country first, either by their votes or by outing those who are actively hurting our economy and citizens?

It's one thing for Repubs to disagree on how to repair the economy, but quite another to refuse to do anything just to hurt Pres Obama. I want those people (which I'm pretty sure is somewhere in the vicinity of 100% of the Repubs in office) to make their presentation to the American public on why we should wait 14 months before they will consider doing anything.

Maybe there is someone who is retiring that can start naming names.

“Our leaders know we’re turning into a giant ghetto and they are taking every last hubcap they can get their hands on before the rest of us wake up and realize what’s happened.” ― Matt Taibbi, Griftopia

by theKgirls on Wed Nov 16, 2011 at 10:02:49 AM PST

•  This is a great comment (4+ / 0-)

(I'd Rec it but I can't from our work computes, some weird javascript issue.)

What we need is someone retiring, as you say, that is leaving soon and can finally speak from their conscience and call this what it is: an evil decision to hurt America simply to get our president out of office. I don't expect them to help him (as brooklynbadboy suggests elsewhere in the comments.) But this is new tack of theirs is unprecedented in my experience.

And it's not just that they are refusing to do anything to hurt him, they are actually TAKING ACTION to hurt him. I consider a filibuster of a jobs bill taking action. They have to DO something in that situation, have to actually vote.

Thanks for this comment. Very excellent.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
        -- Dr. Peter Venkman