View Diary: High Comedy! Prop 8 Backers To Court: Releasing Trial Tapes Will Make Us “Look Bad” (120 comments)

•  They are afraid it would condemn them to (2+ / 0-)
    CajunBoyLgb, Clarknt67

burning in an eternal lake of fire.

It's pretty hard to change your opinion when you are terrified of the consequences.

Poverty = politics.

by Renee on Wed Nov 16, 2011 at 02:45:42 PM PST

•  Of course, if they actually read what that (5+ / 0-)

man ...  Oh what's his name?  Jesus. Yeah, Him. What he said about the greatest commandment -- something about loving one another, they might not be so terrified.

© grover

So if you get hit by a bus tonight, would you be satisfied with how you spent today, your last day on earth? Live like tomorrow is never guaranteed, because it's not.

by grover on Wed Nov 16, 2011 at 02:55:53 PM PST

•  Yeah, I know. But it's a cultural thing. I was (3+ / 0-)
        grover, CajunBoyLgb, Clarknt67

raised by these guys so I know how they think. They don't even think the red words are the important part. They follow Paul, really.

Poverty = politics.

by Renee on Wed Nov 16, 2011 at 03:53:29 PM PST

•  Oh, I know. I was ridiculing them: (3+ / 0-)
          Renee, Clarknt67, jayden

they don't even follow Paul so much. After all, he's the guy that said, "Faith, hope and love. The greatest of these is love." (Yes, love is even greater than their faith)

They believe what their pinheaded hate-filled pastor tells them. THAT is the gospel truth for them.

© grover

by grover on Wed Nov 16, 2011 at 04:37:10 PM PST

•  Heh, (3+ / 0-)
          Renee, Clarknt67, jayden

"Red words" took me a minute. I was raised Catholic. Jesus spoke in Black and White in our Bible.

He should be more consistent.

;)

© grover

by grover on Wed Nov 16, 2011 at 04:40:28 PM PST

•  Heh. Yesterday was the 400th (1+ / 0-)
          Renee

anniversary of the introduction of the KJV bible.

It was rather a big hoopla in England, and the BBC news devoted quite a bit of coverage to it.

So, on the day you invoked them, the "red words" were celebrating their birthday. ;-)  That hit my funny bone.

I'm one of those lucky homos in a bi-national relationship - at the age of 49, all I had to do was give up my career, leave behind my dying father, my aging, diabetic mother, my family & friends and move to the Netherlands. Easy peasey!

by aggieric on Thu Nov 17, 2011 at 02:52:25 AM PST

•  Thats funny. Stuff like that happens a lot to me. (1+ / 0-)
            aggieric

I just read your sigline BTW. That makes me so mad. I'm sorry that our country allows tragedies like yours to happen. My dear friend lives in Canada because he fell in love with a Canadian citizen and couldn't immigrate him in to the country. The upside is that he lives in a better country now.

Poverty = politics.

by Renee on Thu Nov 17, 2011 at 10:01:19 AM PST

•  Thanks for the sentiment. (1+ / 0-)
              Renee

It's difficult for most to comprehend how something positive and wonderful like a loving relationship can still come at such a personal cost as I've had to pay - to top off the stuff in my sig line, I'm getting ready to default on my condo, too, b/c I can't sell it for what I owe on it and while I have it rented out, I can't rent it for the cost of the mortgage, condo fees and property taxes.  Can't sustain that financial loss indefinitely.  Of course, if we'd been able to stay in the US, that wouldn't have been a problem.

sigh