View Diary: Scott Olsen Returns. (46 comments)

•  Some people appear to think that when you (6+ / 0-)

apologize, you are showing weakness, even as it's the opposite which is true.
      It's just a part of the upside-down world we live in. And it's our job to turn it around.

"We the People of the United States...." -U.S. Constitution

by elwior on Mon Nov 28, 2011 at 12:43:02 AM PST

•  Another reason too elwior, is (4+ / 0-)
      Matt Z, jpmassar, elwior, Puddytat

they think that if they apologize it shows liability!
      I hope Scott sues the city for plenty!

Brought To You By That Crazed Sociologist/Media Fanatic rebel ga Be The Change You Want To See In The World! Gandhi

by rebel ga on Mon Nov 28, 2011 at 03:32:58 AM PST

•  A sincere apology and change in (1+ / 0-)
        rebel ga

tactics might prevent a lawsuit.  They forget about that, too.

There already is class warfare in America. Unfortunately, the rich are winning.

by Puddytat on Mon Nov 28, 2011 at 10:10:24 AM PST

•  You are very forgiving Puddytat. (1+ / 0-)
          Puddytat

If they did to me what they did to Scott, or pepper sprayed me, or hit me with a baton, an apology, no matter how sincere, wouldn't do it.

But I'm not the forgiving type. I believe the only thing that teaches violent people anything, is if it costs them! Whether it be money, their job, whatever!

by rebel ga on Mon Nov 28, 2011 at 11:47:43 AM PST

•  Very true, but changing (1+ / 0-)
            rebel ga

the policies rate highly for me.  If the withdrawal of a potential lawsuit would ensure that no protestor would ever be manhandled, sprayed, rubber bulletted, etc., I'd be of a mind that this would be enough.

There already is class warfare in America. Unfortunately, the rich are winning.

by Puddytat on Mon Nov 28, 2011 at 12:34:22 PM PST

•  In that case I too would agree! (1+ / 0-)
              Puddytat

John Kennedy said. "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names".

by rebel ga on Mon Nov 28, 2011 at 01:06:47 PM PST