View Diary: Yes, Obama is a kick-ass President! Deal with it GOP... (346 comments)

•  Let me get this straight, you think that if (3+ / 0-)
    tardis10, ay88, LaEscapee

someone disagrees with a diary, they should just avoid that diary? You think that only people who agree with a diary should comment?  What a worthless place DailyKos.com would be if the only comments allowed in diaries were of the "me too!" variety.

You are also mistaken about my comment being sarcasm.  I was simply lamenting the increasing frequency of the "Obama rocks!" diaries. Indicating that one is disappointed in a certain type of diary does not constitute sarcasm. If someone believes President Obama is doing a good job, writing a diary about it seems totally appropriate; however, I fail to see the logic in writing an "Obama Rocks!" diary versus an "Obama is doing a good job and here is why" diary.  The latter type of diary tends to border on the silly because the writers of said diaries tend to never substantiate their title and/or tend to engage in unbridled enthusiasm as a substitute for logic and reason.
    This is why I was sighing.

The diary writer wrote:

I greatly respect those who have a different opinion.

Apparently you do not have the same respect for others with a contrary opinion.

The term "Christian Conservative" is an even greater oxymoron than "Colosseum Lion Trainer for Christ".

by StevenJoseph on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 08:32:27 AM PST

•  "Greatly Respect those who have a different" (2+ / 0-)
      glorificus, foufou

very unlikely covers leading your comment with "Sigh".

I'm not saying stay out if you disagree, I'm saying if such a diary, content being clear from the title alone, gives you soooo much stress that you have to type "sigh", why bother with it?

Today, strive to be the person you want to be.

by GoGoGoEverton on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 08:36:35 AM PST

•  What makes you think that a sigh indicates stress? (0+ / 0-)

Apparently it is the sigh that bothers you so much, though I fail to see why.

by StevenJoseph on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 08:48:11 AM PST

•  You said you "lament" (1+ / 0-)
          glorificus

which personally I do when, like, people die and stuff, not when somebody writes a diary on DKos.

Today, strive to be the person you want to be.

by GoGoGoEverton on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 08:58:21 AM PST

•  Just because you would not use a given word (0+ / 0-)

does not make the use of it wrong or incorrect.  You indicated that you use the word when someone dies.  That would indicate sorrow and/or perhaps disappointment. It does not automatically indicate stress, although stress can be a component of that.

Was lament the best word choice? I am not sure.  Disappointed might have been a better choice.  I find these types diaries disappointing because, among other things, in the comment sections of those diaries I tend to find an intolerance for contrary viewpoints, despite what the diary writer said about accepting other viewpoints. This is not the fault of the writer of the diary.  These diaries just tend to attract a "with us or against us" attitude in the comment section for some reason.

by StevenJoseph on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 09:32:09 AM PST

•  I could've just said GTFO (1+ / 0-)
      glorificus

and said it again to your "oh I was just constructively criticizing!" BS.

Today, strive to be the person you want to be.

by GoGoGoEverton on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 08:38:04 AM PST

•  You apparently jump to conclusions about (0+ / 0-)

other people's comments, and when they try to make themselves clearer, you refer to what they say as BS. There is, apparently, no point in having a dialogue with you since attempting to explain myself falls on deaf ears.

by StevenJoseph on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 08:52:14 AM PST

•  You made yourself clearer, by noting that (0+ / 0-)

your "sigh" was actually you holding back, which you didn't when you referred to the diary as "silly" amongst other "constructive criticisms".

You're getting the attention and respect your comments deserve.

Today, strive to be the person you want to be.

by GoGoGoEverton on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 08:59:26 AM PST

•  When did I note that my sigh was holding me back? (0+ / 0-)

As for the term silly, I indicated that diaries of this type can border on silly. I did not say this diary specifically was silly.

As for attention and respect, you seem to look for anything that you might deem as less than praiseworthy and try to jump on it.  You don't seem to what to encourage discussion on increase understanding. Instead, you seem to want to punish someone for being less than happy with a diary.

I never said that indicating one's disappointment is offered as constructive criticism.  It has been you who has been using that phrase.  You apparently think that the writer of the diary is entitled to his happiness and enthusiasm but for a commenter to indicate his or her disappointment in the manner in which the diary is written is inappropriate.  I disagree.

by StevenJoseph on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 09:19:10 AM PST

•  Yes, SJ, GGGE obviously jumped to a conclusion (0+ / 0-)

about your comment and you should retain your dignity by

1) not dignifying GGGE with a reply and

2) remove yourself from the discussion, your head held high.

Or just leave,

“In Texas, we do not hold high expectations for the [governor's] office; it's mostly been occupied by crooks, dorks and the comatose. Molly Ivins

by glorificus on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 10:06:02 AM PST

•  Not even close to the number of ObamaSucks diaries (4+ / 0-)
      hardart, doroma, nosleep4u, foufou

that we had to endure for the last three years.  About effing time is what I say.
      And what was accomplished by all those Obama-bashing diaries?  (Some of which were likely authored by Karl's moles.)  Other than unloading gripes, absolutely nothing, except helping to dampen the enthusiasm of fellow Democrats and make them less likely to vote or volunteer or donate, which will give us more Republicans in office which won't give us much progressivism, will it?  Nobody was holding anybody's feet to any fire whatsofeckingever.
      And threatening to withhold our votes because Obama didn't turn American into a progressive Utopia in three years is like the guy who puts a gun to his own head and says, "Don't worry, you're next!"
      The best way to progressive government is to vote Republicans out of office.

Unfortunately, President Obama doesn't have time to read DK, so contact him here: The White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20500 (Postcards, not letters! Please give your email address) -- 202-456-1111 -- FAX: 202-456-2461

by My Left Behind on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 10:11:34 AM PST

• Politics (16)
  • Rescued (16)
  • Media (15)
  • Texas (15)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Barack Obama (13)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site