View Diary: Walker's Wisconsin: Kenosha County Sheriff Says Signs More Than 4" Wide Not Allowed On Public Land. (218 comments)

•  From the Town of Brighton website: (23+ / 0-)
    Police, Fire and Rescue

Rescue squad services (emergency medical services) are provided to the Town of Brighton by the Town of Salem Fire/Rescue Department and Silver Lake Volunteer Rescue Squad. Police services are provided through the Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department.

From the homepage:
    The Town of Brighton is seeking people interested in becoming Election Workers.  Training is provided. Please contact the Clerk's Office.  Interested persons must be a resident of the Town of Brighton and at least 18 years old.

This page has links for both Town Ordinances and Regulations, but nothing comes up on them in my browser, website may be incomplete, or convenient.
    Wiki indicates that the area is lily white and fairly affluent.

Somebody email this petty fascist sheriff a copy of the Constitution with the 1st Amendment highlighted.
    In any case, displays on suitably parked vehicles (in the bed of pickups, stood/attached to bumpers, etc., would seem to be OK, or painted on (with removable paint). Otherwise Mr. Dumbfuck sheriff is going to have to put a stop to trade and delivery vehicles of all kinds with signage on them.

I wish I hadn't read this today, these fucking latter day Brownshirts/Sturmabteilung (SA) just piss me off.
    Does the Democratic party apparatus have a functioning legal office that fields questions and problems like this? If so I'll have to dig in and make another donation, FWIW.

"Double, double, toile and trouble; Fire burne, and Cauldron bubble... By the pricking of my Thumbes, Something wicked this way comes": Republicans Willkommen auf das Vierte Reich! Sie Angelegenheit nicht mehr.

by Bluefin on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 10:45:33 AM PST

•  I do know that the volunteers have put forward (27+ / 0-)

an incident report to DPW (Democratice Party of Wisconsin). I'm not sure what the follow up will be. They do have a legal and advising team, and are pretty friendly on the phone.

•  that is a great suggestion of yours (12+ / 0-)

to place a placard or sign in the bed of a truck or attach it to the luggage rack of a car;  I have done similar things in the past and, even if they can block stationary signs, they are helpless to block mobile signs

•  Corps speak with money- Voters? signs? NO! ... (3+ / 0-)
      Bluefin, noise of rain, ruleoflaw

the voters are at a disadvantage to start with even when they do use signs... out-gunned money-wise by corporations to begin with without a fascist Sheriff denying them their constitutional rights as well.

Pogo & Murphy's Law, every time. Also "Trust but verify" - St. Ronnie (hah...)

by IreGyre on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 11:53:25 AM PST

•  While I agree with your point, please remember (2+ / 0-)
      ruleoflaw, CuriousBoston

the Godwin rule and don't compare this penny-ante, petty-power play to real Nazis.

If, in our efforts to win, we become as dishonest as our opponents on the right, we don't deserve to triumph.

by Tamar on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 03:08:48 PM PST

•  You have no idea what the hell is really going on (2+ / 0-)
        peptabysmal, bsmechanic

underneath it all, do you? Walker and gruppe are just cogs in the overall machine. Like the SA, many of the lower levels don't even fully realize what they are part of, just useful tools. Self selected for their inherent meanness, manipulated by master propagandists, and willing to do anything they are told to, they are just waiting.
        You probably mean well but have no idea how deadly your enemies are. The old Nazis were bad enough, these new ones have the resources and potential to be worse eventually. Don't underestimate it.

by Bluefin on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 08:27:44 PM PST

•  Please. Tatoos, crematoriums, skin into (2+ / 0-)
          Tamar, Bluefin

lampshades. I agree with Tamar.  Don't be condescending to her. Please. I feel very sad about your comparison. I believe she and I understand exactly what is going on.

Social Security is an INSURANCE PROGRAM. FICA FEDERAL INSURANCE CONTRIBUTIONS ACT

by CuriousBoston on Tue Jan 10, 2012 at 05:06:37 AM PST

•  thank you. Can't believe Bluefin's comment (2+ / 0-)
            CuriousBoston, Bluefin

got rec'd twice!

by Tamar on Tue Jan 10, 2012 at 06:33:06 AM PST

•  Me either, check his profile. Perhaps his (0+ / 0-)

life experiences have set his radar to "early warn".

by CuriousBoston on Tue Jan 10, 2012 at 07:22:09 AM PST

•  That might be it, experience and, maybe, wisdom (2+ / 0-)
                buckybadger1988, CuriousBoston

acquired over many years. Doubt you'll find much in any "profile" on me, I try to stay under the radar.

(And as a serious sailor/mariner/pilot/boat owner and electronic nut with seven different real radar sets (JRC & Raymarine), I am set to "early warn" 24/7, heh.)

by Bluefin on Tue Jan 10, 2012 at 10:01:47 AM PST

•  Nothing personal, Tamar, see my other comment. (1+ / 0-)
              buckybadger1988

by Bluefin on Tue Jan 10, 2012 at 09:53:49 AM PST

•  thanks for the civil reply. We need these types (2+ / 0-)
                Bluefin, buckybadger1988

of exchanges.
                Where I'm coming from:
                I lost the majority of my extended family (people I didn't know but who were close relatives of people I knew well) to the Nazis and have a very low tolerance for Nazi comparisons.
                In addition, the tea party signs accusing Obama of being a socialist, and a Nazi, and a Hitler were so disgusting I really don't want people on our side looking like that.
                I think the Walker forces are despicable and will do anything they can get away with to keep power. And I also believe that people like them are the base used by the most powerful and corrupt.
                However, a sheriff who is somewhat verbally intimidating, unfair and unsupported by real laws but not physically violent or threatening to the health and safety of the volunteers is a whole different thing from the Brown Shirts or the SS.

by Tamar on Tue Jan 10, 2012 at 10:30:24 AM PST

•  Understood, when I was a kid I knew people (1+ / 0-)
                  Tamar

with the tattoos on their arms, survivors I guess, though nothing was ever much discussed (in the '50's, and I barely knew anything, my mom may have said something once). They seemed to be sad, even to a child like me (I'm not Jewish either), I can only imagine.

However, you perhaps give that sheriff too much credit (pure cynicism on my part), you plainly don't realize the extent of what is going on "under the radar".
                  I actually live in an area where gruppen like the KKK, neo-confederate, and neo-nazi groups are active. And they are/vote republican/teabagger.
                  I commented on that possibility in Wisconsin because I (from afar) see similar 'tells'. Perhaps they are where you are too, if you would but see (not trying to create another 'paranoid', there may be enough of us already, heh).

by Bluefin on Tue Jan 10, 2012 at 11:49:28 AM PST

•  As horrible as that stuff was (and I'm a history (1+ / 0-)
            buckybadger1988

buff and much more aware than most, and I date back to just after WWII and heard much firsthand from kin, plus played with all that cool surplus equipment from an early age), I strongly feel that the new 'masters' are much more sophisticated then those old ones (and that is saying a lot).

Their plans are much more thorough and not necessarily as brutal to begin with.
            Look at my sig: Welcome to the Fourth Reich! You no longer matter. Total indifference can be worse, per an old saying.

I'm not trying to be condescending, it's just that I feel like Richard Clarke dealing with the Bush maladministration, "my hairs on fire", and I'm not alone around here.
            While many still don't grasp the magnitude of the problem. Venture out beyond DK and liberal sites once in a while, see the widespread truly malevolent insanity that lies out there, and seems to be winning in many places.
            They did take over Wisconsin itself, that's why these brave people around here are fighting it tooth and nail.

by Bluefin on Tue Jan 10, 2012 at 09:51:08 AM PST

•  Eddie Gein was from this area of WI (0+ / 0-)

He made lampshades from human skin

•  can't wait to see this bozo ticketing (1+ / 0-)
      Bluefin

bumper stickers next!  but only obama ones, i'm sure!

Is GlowNZ back yet?

by edrie on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 06:00:30 PM PST

•  It would be legal to park a vehicle with a (2+ / 0-)
      Bluefin, zett

recall Walker sign in front of the Sheriffs Office. With a lawyer and video cam standing by.

by CuriousBoston on Tue Jan 10, 2012 at 04:59:56 AM PST