View Diary: Walker's Wisconsin: Kenosha County Sheriff Says Signs More Than 4" Wide Not Allowed On Public Land. (218 comments)

•  thank you. Can't believe Bluefin's comment (2+ / 0-)
    CuriousBoston, Bluefin

got rec'd twice!

If, in our efforts to win, we become as dishonest as our opponents on the right, we don't deserve to triumph.

by Tamar on Tue Jan 10, 2012 at 06:33:06 AM PST

•  Me either, check his profile. Perhaps his (0+ / 0-)

life experiences have set his radar to "early warn".

Social Security is an INSURANCE PROGRAM. FICA FEDERAL INSURANCE CONTRIBUTIONS ACT

by CuriousBoston on Tue Jan 10, 2012 at 07:22:09 AM PST

•  That might be it, experience and, maybe, wisdom (2+ / 0-)
        buckybadger1988, CuriousBoston

acquired over many years. Doubt you'll find much in any "profile" on me, I try to stay under the radar.

(And as a serious sailor/mariner/pilot/boat owner and electronic nut with seven different real radar sets (JRC & Raymarine), I am set to "early warn" 24/7, heh.)

"Double, double, toile and trouble; Fire burne, and Cauldron bubble... By the pricking of my Thumbes, Something wicked this way comes": Republicans Willkommen auf das Vierte Reich! Sie Angelegenheit nicht mehr.

by Bluefin on Tue Jan 10, 2012 at 10:01:47 AM PST

•  Nothing personal, Tamar, see my other comment. (1+ / 0-)
      buckybadger1988

by Bluefin on Tue Jan 10, 2012 at 09:53:49 AM PST

•  thanks for the civil reply. We need these types (2+ / 0-)
        Bluefin, buckybadger1988

of exchanges.
        Where I'm coming from:
        I lost the majority of my extended family (people I didn't know but who were close relatives of people I knew well) to the Nazis and have a very low tolerance for Nazi comparisons.
        In addition, the tea party signs accusing Obama of being a socialist, and a Nazi, and a Hitler were so disgusting I really don't want people on our side looking like that.
        I think the Walker forces are despicable and will do anything they can get away with to keep power. And I also believe that people like them are the base used by the most powerful and corrupt.
        However, a sheriff who is somewhat verbally intimidating, unfair and unsupported by real laws but not physically violent or threatening to the health and safety of the volunteers is a whole different thing from the Brown Shirts or the SS.

by Tamar on Tue Jan 10, 2012 at 10:30:24 AM PST

•  Understood, when I was a kid I knew people (1+ / 0-)
          Tamar

with the tattoos on their arms, survivors I guess, though nothing was ever much discussed (in the '50's, and I barely knew anything, my mom may have said something once). They seemed to be sad, even to a child like me (I'm not Jewish either), I can only imagine.

However, you perhaps give that sheriff too much credit (pure cynicism on my part), you plainly don't realize the extent of what is going on "under the radar".
          I actually live in an area where gruppen like the KKK, neo-confederate, and neo-nazi groups are active. And they are/vote republican/teabagger.
          I commented on that possibility in Wisconsin because I (from afar) see similar 'tells'. Perhaps they are where you are too, if you would but see (not trying to create another 'paranoid', there may be enough of us already, heh).

by Bluefin on Tue Jan 10, 2012 at 11:49:28 AM PST