View Diary: Barack breaks into song at the Apollo (291 comments)

•  I think he's at home with people, period. (20+ / 0-)

You see it all the time in so many interactions, the happy, serious, and difficult ones.

He actually cares. This video from the signing of the Tribal and Order Act perfectly illustrates that. The Act illustrates that caring.

by Onomastic on Fri Jan 20, 2012 at 05:50:47 PM PST

•  this is heartwrenching... (6+ / 0-)

we are so fortunate to have a compassionate man in the white house.

Is GlowNZ back yet?

by edrie on Fri Jan 20, 2012 at 10:30:10 PM PST

•  Couldn't agree more. :) (1+ / 0-)
        edrie

How are you doing, honey? Been thinking about you, your wonderful four legged family, and the beautiful jewelry you make. I so hope things are much, much, better.

(((((((edrie)))))))))

by Onomastic on Sat Jan 21, 2012 at 08:04:47 AM PST

•  hi, onomastic! (0+ / 0-)

i'm just getting back out of bed - got hit with a VERY nasty cold that left me flat for a few days.... so now, i'm back to stringing and have to catch up with the last four custom pieces from yall's awesome marathon!

pretty sure it was the stress releasing since the virus hit immediately after i made two great landlords VERY happy! (not to mention one grateful tenant!)

pup and pony are well and i'm getting ready to dive back into the creating side today.  sometimes i think that these kinds of "viruses" (cold, flu, etc) are the body's way of saying "SLOW DOWN!"  i never spend much time sleeping unless i am forced to do so...  too much to do - to much to be involved in the middle of what's going on here!

tee made sure i was up to cook his dinner, though.  when we got a great sale on steak (under $2/lb), i bought enough to last a while.  the other nite,  he decided i'd slept long enough and he WANTED that steak!  so he kept getting up, going downstairs, i'd follow and open the door to let him out but he'd head toward his bowl.  it was several hours too early to eat and his glucose was not low or high - he just wanted that STEAK!  (we love safeway, btw, they do great sales and 50% off sales.)  after twice my going down and opening the door - about an hour apart - he decided he wanted his dinner RIGHT NOW!  so, he troupes to the end of the stairs and barks one very demanding BARK!

it worked.  i got up and cooked his dinner.  this is him sitting beside the stove waiting for me to finish.

tee waiting for steak

i never could resist his wishes - nor can i resist sani... are we well trained by our four footers or what!

just so sani won't feel left out, here's da boy in his holiday finery!

tellin sani christmas wish list amy pic 4

Is GlowNZ back yet?

by edrie on Sat Jan 21, 2012 at 02:08:10 PM PST

•  I had not seen that clip Ono (3+ / 0-)
      kyril, Onomastic, sideboth

very moving.  Pass me the tissue box!

"If you're in a coalition and you're comfortable, you know it's not a broad enough coalition" Bernice Johnson Reagon

by Denise Oliver Velez on Sat Jan 21, 2012 at 12:59:10 AM PST

•  Here's the tissue box. :) (0+ / 0-)

Fiona West's comment in Aji's wonderful diary the other day gets all due credit for reminding me about the signing of the Tribal law and Order Act. Lisa's bravery, her advocacy, the President stepping up to be with her as she struggled to speak, just tore the heart.

I want to start, obviously, by thanking Lisa for her introduction and having the courage to share her story with all of us today.  It’s for every survivor like Lisa who has never gotten their day in court, and for every family that feels like justice is beyond reach, and for every tribal community struggling to keep its people safe, that I’ll be signing the Tribal Law and Order Act into law today.

And in doing so, I intend to send a clear message that all of our people -- whether they live in our biggest cities or our most remote reservations -- have the right to feel safe in their own communities, and to raise their children in peace, and enjoy the fullest protection of our laws.

Hope you're going to have a warm, peaceful, weekend.

((((((SisDee))))))

by Onomastic on Sat Jan 21, 2012 at 08:21:43 AM PST

•  I love your by line (0+ / 0-)

"If corporations are people, then I want to see some birth certificates and talk to their parents." May I borrow it?

" A lot of money is tainted - taint yours and taint mine." Unknown author