View Diary: This is for you, Its the Supreme Court, Stupid (216 comments)

•  obviously, you're not part of the LGBT community (1+ / 0-)
    lina

It makes a difference to us as the marriage equality bills (the repeal of DOMA) work their way through the appeals courts.  Maybe we've been had in some ways, but my civil rights trump your dissatisfaction.

All it takes is security in your own civil rights to make you complacent.

by Dave in Northridge on Sat Jan 28, 2012 at 06:42:52 PM PST

•  ROFL, do you really even know me???? (3+ / 0-)
      Freedomfreak, makettle, chase

So, sorry... How about I introduce myself, since you've clearly missed some of my postings and or diaries...

I'm a Transgenedered woman.

NOW that we've established we are on equal grounds and have very similar interests, please try not to assume my position belittles what we may actually need and want in this society.

Your "civil rights" do not trump my unalienable human rights ensured by our Constitution.  Civil Rights are privileges granted by the government, which can be removed if enough people agree.  Marriage equity IS a "hot button" issue used to demonize and energize the moral minority in this country...a divide and conquer tactic used to distract us all and continue the hatred.

If they keep us fighting one another we'll never notice that they've robbed us blind while enslaving us to the dictates of "international agreements" made by offshore mega-corporations.

I can get married in a Unitarian Universalist Church. I can still love those that I'm attracted to AND I could care less if the government approves of it.  It is not within their granted authority to tell me whom I can love, live or share my life with. In fact, it's not within their scope of authority to tell me I can't see a loved one in the hospital, etc, etc.

We both would be better off if you actually understood the role of our created government.  It is to protect our equity under the law not grant it, as they did when they falsely claimed corporations have rights. Corporations are not human, created legal fiction nothing more.

What you should be more focused on here is the tyranny of democracy. And I'm referencing here all the States that banned gay married and how it will play out.  IS the actual will of the majority superior to our individual human rights?

So, my "dissatisfaction" still stands! How about you try to address the actual points of my argument next time???

by gerrilea on Sat Jan 28, 2012 at 07:53:18 PM PST

•  I'm not going to argue this here (0+ / 0-)

but expect a message in about 15 minutes.  I'm trying to put the finishing touches on a paper I'm presenting in Australia on Friday, but I'll address your points in private.

All it takes is security in your own civil rights to make you complacent.

by Dave in Northridge on Sat Jan 28, 2012 at 07:59:21 PM PST

•  Here's my final reply before you blocked me (1+ / 2-)
          deedogg
          Hidden by:
          badlands, Dave in Northridge
          You write "Sadly, you've gotten sucked up into a false reality. I mean no disrespect here."  You can't have that both ways, especially not with someone who teaches history. I won't explain where my interpretation comes from, but I'm taking this as an expression of disrespect.  Yes, I know, and yes, your list is correct, and yes, we should have known when Rick Warren was at the inauguration, but that's life.

I'm sorry you're in so much pain.  I'm afraid I can't help you.

Funny, I have a BA in History as well.

If you had a sign on your back that said "kick me" and I told you, would you be insulted? I suspect your more angry that I've pointed the sign out to you.

I'm actually insulted at your final answer here:

""we should have known....but that's life".

So, am I to assume this diary and your messages were and are only propaganda to continue repeating and reinforcing the false paradigm of Democrat v Republican? It's clear to me now that you're well aware of it.

Anyways, I have no pains nor did I ask you for anything, let alone any remote form of help...

Have fun in your manipulations of the masses, I must get to bed, I'm on the East Coast.

by gerrilea on Sun Jan 29, 2012 at 01:55:07 AM PST

•  Sorry (4+ / 0-)

but I have to hide rate you quoting Dave's private message on a public board.

•  uprated to (1+ / 0-)
            gerrilea

counter ratings abuse.  Follow the rules, please. HR's not justified and Dave's is totally bogus.

Hey! glad to see you. Hope you are doing well.

by deedogg on Sun Jan 29, 2012 at 07:34:05 PM PST

•  Thanks, I couldn't find anything in the FAQ's (1+ / 0-)
              deedogg

about "private messages" sent on DK.  As I've always been aware, we own nothing posted anywhere here.

I do accept it may have been a faux pas though and I got a little heated under the collar.

by gerrilea on Mon Jan 30, 2012 at 12:23:13 AM PST

•  that's because it's in dkos3 (0+ / 0-)

"Personal attacks on other site users, including following them from thread to thread." - one of the qualifiers for troll-rating

admittedly, that wasn't thread to thread, but it's certainly a personal attack.

All it takes is security in your own civil rights to make you complacent.

by Dave in Northridge on Mon Jan 30, 2012 at 01:53:35 AM PST

•  Dave please drop this. (1+ / 0-)
                  deedogg

I've accepted some responsibility for revealing what you said to me here through the messaging system as being in bad taste.

It was not nor can be construed as a personal attack; their your own words for goodness sakes!

The discussion/debate was prompted by your diary here and continued through the DK messaging system at your request. How's that following you if YOU REQUESTED IT???

Please be clear here Dave, I will not respond to anything you post here on DK EVER again, I have no time or patience for dishonest manipulations, propaganda and/or cognitive dissonance that will lead us to losing even more political control in the general elections.

that's because it's in dkos3
                  Link please.

I'll point out something that you should be aware of:

What are some unacceptable reasons for recc'ing or HRing a comment?

* HRing someone with whom you are in direct dispute. [47] One extrapolation of this rule is that someone taking you on in your own diary is automatically in a direct dispute with you, so you should not HR people in your own diary. [48] A user who has been insulted should not HR the insulter; that should be left to other users. [49]

Even if you believe I was making a personal insult, which I know was never my intent, even if you took it that way, let others mediate, especially in your own diary.

by gerrilea on Mon Jan 30, 2012 at 09:20:04 AM PST