View Diary: Thank You President Obama! I was helped by the $26 Billion Settlement. That's why I'm a Democrat! (280 comments)

•  MN is on a roll this weekend (9+ / 0-)

he/she called Democrats that supported Obama "whores" yesterday.

There can be no agenda enacted without winning elections first.

by Rustbelt Dem on Sun Apr 22, 2012 at 12:28:23 PM PDT

•  Allrighty, then. (11+ / 0-)

Just call me Pretty Woman!

"Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world." ~ Desmond Tutu

by KelleyRN2 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 at 12:34:00 PM PDT

•  In response (0+ / 0-)

to a long thread heaping abuse and mockery on progressives.

Yes, I lost my cool and I apologized.

•  You've apologized for the comment (2+ / 0-)
        fcvaguy, Mets102

but have doubled down on the sentiment behind it.  Which, to be honest, is pretty funny and not worth taking seriously.  Hence the mockery.

As to abuse?  Well, you are clearly once again projecting.  Many Obama supporters have been ganged up on by ODS bullies and driven off of this site in one way or another until Markos finally had to get involved numerous times.  Where is Blackwaterdog, et. al? The lefter-than-thous never miss an opportunity to personalize and get nasty it seems.

But don't worry, the party doesn't need you, and I frankly think it is a case of addition by subtraction.

Once again, how are those primary drives against the Blue Dogs coming?  How's the track record of the PCCC in primary fights? The base ain't buying what you are selling, are you going to tell me that Democratic voters are stupid next?

There can be no agenda enacted without winning elections first.

by Rustbelt Dem on Sun Apr 22, 2012 at 05:51:26 PM PDT

•  Yes (0+ / 0-)

I am absolutely going to call out Obama supporters when they resort to namecalling as they did from the outset.  I am not calling Obama supporters anything at all, but I am not going to sit around while you and others tear down the left wing.  I don't take that from tea baggers and I am Not taking it from you. BWD left because she didn't like getting called out for her "criticizing Obama is racist" crap and most of the folks kicked Out in the purge had a similar approach.  Yes there has been a lot of pie fighting but for Pbama supporters to claim innocence while mocking leftists concerns about children getting killed in drone strikes and making light jokes about it as happened before is ridiculous

•  Answer the questions: (2+ / 0-)
            Mets102, askew

There can be no agenda enacted without winning elections first.

by Rustbelt Dem on Sun Apr 22, 2012 at 06:12:37 PM PDT

•  I see (0+ / 0-)

That makes killing kids just fine huh?  You are wanting to shrink base for what?  To make it easier for the Repugs?  Frankly if your precious Midwesterners had listened to the left and not given us Reagan and Bush you wouldn't be living in the rust belt p

•  Ah there it is (3+ / 0-)
                Mets102, blueness, askew

The Midwest is just full of racists Reagan Democrats that shackle the Party from its true Progressive destiny, right?

Fucking hilarious, the first time I heard it.  Still isn't true.

There can be no agenda enacted without winning elections first.

by Rustbelt Dem on Sun Apr 22, 2012 at 06:21:41 PM PDT

•  Once again: (3+ / 0-)
                Mets102, fcvaguy, askew

answer these simple electability questions:

There can be no agenda enacted without winning elections first.

by Rustbelt Dem on Sun Apr 22, 2012 at 06:22:57 PM PDT

•  Terribly (0+ / 0-)

You are right.  The fabulous wisdom of the blue dogs reigns supreme.  All bow down to corporatism and the greasing of the Constituion!  Hooray for us !

•  Nice try at deflection (0+ / 0-)

So I guess that you consider voters to be stupid for not agreeing with your agenda.  Because arrogant and disdainful is a sure way to win elections.

Sadly though, the lefter-than-thous seem to believe it.

There can be no agenda enacted without winning elections first.

by Rustbelt Dem on Mon Apr 23, 2012 at 04:47:34 AM PDT

•  Sure (0+ / 0-)

I think that liberals like Feingold and Brown could never win in the Midwest.  I think that this fetishing of insurance industry profits that keeps the American people from having decent healthcare like the rest of the industrialized world is dumb.  I think that voters who don't bother to edumacate themselves and glorify the current system as "the best" are wildly off base.   I think the glorification of "gut feeling" over scientific inquiry and careful thought are pretty dumb yes.

But what I really can't stand are people who do know better but are too scared of AM radio to stand up and say "what we are doing is boneheaded.  We need to change" and want to tear down the people who do hav the guts to make the argument.   I have very little patience for cowards who are very content to watch lots and lots of people die because of their cowardice.

•  So now (0+ / 0-)

Voters that don't agree with you are not only stupid, but also uneducated cowards (amongst other things).

Do you think Obama should incorporate that message onto a billboard? Or just a simple "come on whores, vote for me?"

There can be no agenda enacted without winning elections first.

by Rustbelt Dem on Mon Apr 23, 2012 at 07:41:02 AM PDT

•  You have it backwards (0+ / 0-)

People who don't know the facts because noboday has presented them are ignorant ( see polling on climate change evolution or even the ACA). It's the politicians and activists who know the facts but are too scared of their own shadows to speak up who are cowardly.   Except for the ones of course who know the facts but like the status quo.  Those guys I just think are wrong.

•  And please (0+ / 0-)

don't you dare show up complaining the next time the banksters rip us off or if you kid gets cancer from a polluting industry or climate change sends food prices through the roof.  Just remember that it is what you stood for when the time came.

•  I know what (0+ / 0-)

The "left," or many amongst your kind, wanted when the auto industry went to the cliff. The lefter than thous wanted to push Detroit off the cliff, which would have caused suffering for almost everybody I know including family members.

Thankfully, Barack Obama is smart enough to see through the limousine liberal bullshit emanating from Northern California and the Upper West Side. He has had more of a material impact on my life and my loved ones than the "left" ever will.

We were attacked by the anti labor South and abandoned by our so called friends amongst the left (who regard us, like you obviously do, as racist Reagan Democrats and therefore deserving of punishment).

Speaking for myself, I will remember who was there for us when the wolves were at the door, and who wasn't. But I get a sneaking suspicion that I'm not speaking for myself around here.

There can be no agenda enacted without winning elections first.

by Rustbelt Dem on Mon Apr 23, 2012 at 09:16:13 AM PDT

•  Um hardly (0+ / 0-)

We are looking for accountability From the financial sector and preservation or jobs with a decent wage.  Things incidentally that are not preserved by free trade agreements and union busting and deregulation.  Indeed the entire model that says that corporate profits are everything is wrong.  Instead we look, say, to Germany's labor model and point out that social democracy is a great model.  Too bad the mdiwesteners cry "socialist Northern Calfornians!" when we advocate for it and the centrists run screaming whenever Rush Limbaugh says the word "liberal" or "socialist".  But if you think honestly that more pro corporate pro wall street policies are going to work for you, have at it I guess.   If the last thirty years haven't showed you that that approach isn't working then I don't know what to say.

(and not sure where the racists notion comes from.  I for one don't subscribe even remotely to that view that there is any particular geographical bastion of racism outside some segments in the south.  Not sure who says that but it ain't me for sure!)

•  and if it were up to the leftists (0+ / 0-)

You'd have guaranteed health care too boot.  I guess that too is too liberal for you

•  Oh and, (0+ / 0-)

The fact remains that while I bring up political and economic realities, you respond with personalizations and anger. The coup de grace was the just barely restrained almost wish that my children get cancer. Sorry, I don't have children. I'm a careful whore.

There can be no agenda enacted without winning elections first.

by Rustbelt Dem on Mon Apr 23, 2012 at 10:01:10 AM PDT

•  Riiight (0+ / 0-)

You seemed to have forgotten that this whole thing started when one of your buddies started mocking leftists for opposing drone strikes and the killing of children to which you have leapt in defense.

Frankly some righteous anger is fully warranted.

•  And obviously (0+ / 0-)

Since primary challenges by anti racist candidates in the south in the fifties never got anyway, you think the Martina Luther Ling should have just shut the fick up, gone to the back of the bus and web should still have Jim Crow

Guess what. I think that was stupid too. Not going to glorify uneducated voters there either

• Recommended (152)
  • Education (18)
  • Hillary Clinton (18)
  • Racism (17)
  • Politics (17)
  • Media (17)
  • Freddie Gray (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site