View Diary: Actually, it's pretty tough work to be Mitt Romney's top adviser on lady issues (143 comments)

•  No, the MSM is switch and bait today. (2+ / 0-)
    rlharry, BlueJessamine

They are making this an issue against Dems.  I've been listening all morning on MSNBC and it's apparent that they are misconstruing the point Rosen was trying to make.  If they won't set everyone straight we must.

I'm talking to you, Andrea Greenspan Mitchell, et al.!

I think it was perfectly clear what Rosen was saying, even as she used Ann Romney, wife of Presidential candidate cut programs for the middle class and poor, as a prime example of being out of touch.

It's sickening.  Andrea keeps repeating that Michelle is a "stay at home wife" but never states that Michelle has worked hard before she became First Lady.. and may I add... Michelle is working daily at the WH.

This may be a distraction that we don't want or need, so we use it to show that once again, the Romneys haven't a clue about how the rest of the world lives, and in fact, they intend to destroy what little security the middle class and poor have, with legislation if they win in November. "Compassion" my ass.

I would rather spend my life searching for truth than live a single day within the comfort of a lie. ~ John Victor Ramses

by KayCeSF on Thu Apr 12, 2012 at 10:20:38 AM PDT

•  Mrs. Greenspan just said that Michelle never (3+ / 0-)
      KayCeSF, rlharry, ferg

worked before "either."  Just flat out inaccurate in this ridiculous media shilling for the Romneys today.  Ugh.  I don't think I can take a year of this crap.

If the plutocrats begin the program, we will end it. -- Eugene Debs.

by livjack on Thu Apr 12, 2012 at 10:24:02 AM PDT

•  It's going to be a long haul... (1+ / 0-)
        rlharry

I hear you.

I can't stand the bull hockey.  I hope Rachel puts this in perspective and puts it to rest.  Somebody on MSNBC needs to.  Maybe Larry O'Donnell?

I fully expect Tweety to come up with some fluff n' ridiculous remarks. Gag me.

by KayCeSF on Thu Apr 12, 2012 at 10:28:24 AM PDT

•  It actually doesn't matter (1+ / 0-)
      KayCeSF

Continued discussion of this issue only hurts Repubs. It's the "I am not a crook" effect. As soon as you launch into that mode, you basically confirm what people are thinking. The way to deal with such issues is to avoid talking about it but to amp up the visuals. Romney speaking to women, Romney with women on stage, etc, etc. That's about the best he can do. Frontal assaults are too obvious. If Romney thinks he is going to close the gap with stuff like this, he doesn't understand politics.

Fructose is a liver poison. Stop eating it today.

by Anne Elk on Thu Apr 12, 2012 at 10:28:31 AM PDT

•  I like your analogy to "I am not a crook." LOL! (0+ / 0-)

Well, I'm more frustrated with the talking heads today who are putting Dems on trial about a remark that clearly had encompassed more beyond Ann Romney... pointing to the lip service and hypocritical platform coming from all Republicans, especially Mitt Romney.

by KayCeSF on Thu Apr 12, 2012 at 10:33:08 AM PDT

•  Thanks. That was one of the greatest (1+ / 0-)
          KayCeSF

things ever said in politics. Nixon: the gift that keeps on giving. I am really happy to see the status of women being discussed.

Fructose is a liver poison. Stop eating it today.

by Anne Elk on Thu Apr 12, 2012 at 10:39:12 AM PDT

•  Yes, discussing the status of women is important, (0+ / 0-)

even as Alex Wagner gifted one of her female panelists (didn't get the name) with the Q:  "Is this a gift to Republicans?"  And of course the woman excitedly responded in the affirmative.

Instead, Wagner could have brought up the issues concerning women and the true importance of why Ann Romney was brought up by Rosen in the first place.  While Mitt marches out his wife, it only highlights the issues for women and WHY women feel there is, in fact, a war on women by the Republicans and Mitt Romney.  But Wagner didn't want to get into that discussion.  She would rather smile and cause more drama that has nothing to do with what Rosen was trying to say.

Oh, and now Tamron is going to do the same thing when her segment starts?  Bah!

by KayCeSF on Thu Apr 12, 2012 at 10:49:11 AM PDT

•  Actually, it seems Tamron is (0+ / 0-)

trying to go at a different angle about this.  She's trying to talk the issues concerning women, and showing Romney is lying or making false claims about what Obama has done or not done with women.  Also bringing up Sam Stein's audio where a Romney staffer wouldn't answer about whether Romney supported the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act.

Thanks Tamron for digging deeper.

by KayCeSF on Thu Apr 12, 2012 at 11:26:28 AM PDT