View Diary: Catholic League attacks Hilary Rosen for adopting kids (224 comments)

•  The RCC is an impressive display of cultural (4+ / 0-)
    gchaucer2, SallyCat, tb mare, jds1978

inertia. They've been pretty much dying since the Diet of Worms.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; but in practice, there always is a difference. - Yogi Berra En théorie, il n'y a aucune différence entre théorie et pratique, mais en pratique, il y a toujours une différence. - Yogi Berra

by blue aardvark on Thu Apr 12, 2012 at 11:12:44 AM PDT

•  Eh (3+ / 0-)

On "don't attack people's spouses" day, it's worth noting that it's also a good idea not to attack people's religion.  But I know that you probably just really wanted to write the phrase "Diet of Worms," for which it's hard to blame you.

Democrats must
      Earn the trust
      Of the 99% --
      That's our intent!

"I love this goddamn country, and we're going to take it back." -- Saul Alinsky OCcupy!

by Seneca Doane on Thu Apr 12, 2012 at 11:25:18 AM PDT

•  So the Catholic League (1+ / 0-)
        anastasia p

says something hateful and ridiculous and we have to be careful not to hurt their feelings?  WTF?

I used to be disgusted. Now I try to be amused. - Elvis Costello

by gnbhull on Thu Apr 12, 2012 at 02:05:06 PM PDT

•  Here's WTF (0+ / 0-)

The statement was not about the Catholic League, which I don't mind at all people slamming, but about the Catholic Church having been "dying" for centuries.

Let me know if you need more of an explanation than that.

Democrats must
          Earn the trust
          Of the 99% --
          That's our intent!

by Seneca Doane on Thu Apr 12, 2012 at 06:05:00 PM PDT

•  You said (0+ / 0-)

"it's also a good idea not to attack people's religion" which really isn't as narrow as you make it seem.  To people like the Catholic league, my very existence as an atheist seems to be an attack on their religion.

I used to be disgusted. Now I try to be amused. - Elvis Costello

by gnbhull on Fri Apr 13, 2012 at 12:51:10 PM PDT

•  And yet atheism isn't an attack on their religion (0+ / 0-)

It's also lousy politics to attack, rather than disagree with, someone's religion.  It may be good for your parochial (ha ha) cause, but it boosts the wrong people.

Democrats must