View Diary: [UPDATED] Video: Cenk Just Conducted the Most Epic, Comprehensive Beat-down of Ted Nugent Ever!! (241 comments)

•  I believe Lucy that it's time to put this stuff (5+ / 0-)
    JayRaye, Lucy2009, Argyrios, koNko, goobop

away now.
       And I say that to your comment as well as to those who want to rag on at Cenk Uygar even when he's presenting a brilliant piece like this one.

It's time for Progressives to come together to accomplish the goals of re-electing the President, holding onto the Senate (and then applying pressure to get rid of the un-democratic filibuster rule), and winning back the House.

Beyond that, we must step up the activism. A Democratic agenda can accomplish a lot, but can only take us so far.

"We the People of the United States...." -U.S. Constitution

by elwior on Thu Apr 19, 2012 at 01:45:06 PM PDT

•  Yep, let's get the Prez re-elected (5+ / 0-)

and then we can criticize him all we want. I'd rather be gripping about Pres Obama in 2012, then fearing Pres Romney's next move against the working class.

Solidarity Forever, for the Union makes us strong.-Ralph Chaplin, 1915

by JayRaye on Thu Apr 19, 2012 at 02:32:17 PM PDT

•  elwior, I totally appreciate your sentiment, (7+ / 0-)

but I don't agree.  This President has gotten a free ride from Dems while he's gone on to make it legal for him and any other President to scoop us up, and detain us indefinitely, for whatever damn reason he wants!!!!  That is NOT a President who deserves loyalty.

We had a Dem President, Dem Congress, Dem Senate.... they never got rid of the filibuster rule, and they won't do in 2012 if they win all three branches again. They are Corporatists, they are NOT Dems. Sorry, like Cenk, I call it the way I see it. I SEE what is happening, and it's not OK. It's destroying our environment, our civil liberties, our livilihoods, our health, and our children's futures. Obama, and most of the Dems in Congress are directly to blame for this.

I have stopped posting at DKos for the most part because I don't want to shit on everyones parade, but sometimes I have to be real....  and this is one of those moments.

In celebration of Super Tuesday, Steven Colbert is partying! "I'm mixing up some margaritas! I could not find my blender so instead I'm using a transvaginal ultrasound wand." (watch the video, it's hysterical)

by Lucy2009 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 at 02:38:57 PM PDT

•  I respect your opinion Lucy, I really do. (6+ / 0-)

I've been disappointed with the President starting from his failure to hold BushCo accountable for ther multiple violations of U.S. Law.
          Then there was his HUGE betrayal on the Public Option, his going after whistleblowers, his appointment of the Geithners, Summers(es), Emmanuels, etc.

Believe me, I appreciate your POV.
            But this is the time to unite, to get the best government we can elected, and then to take it from there.
           And I am hopeful about Obama in a second term. We have no way of knowing really of where exactly he'll be then, but I do believe his heart is filled with good intentions. Yes, he's a politician, but in a second term political concerns kind of take a back seat to legacy concerns.
           I see no down side at this point in coming together, all of us, to back the president now.

"We the People of the United States...." -U.S. Constitution

by elwior on Thu Apr 19, 2012 at 03:40:05 PM PDT

•  Thank you for understanding...... (2+ / 0-)
          fishwars, elwior

you are a better Dem than I.

While I don't have any hopes of things changing in a second term, I sure would love to be proven wrong!

I think Obama has sold his soul to the devil, for whatever reasons, and he's on the wrong side of history at this point unless he does a complete turn around.

With all of that said, I'd rather a Pres Obama than Romney.  I think Obama's initial intentions were good, so once in awhile he does something decent. Romney is just so blatantly a representative of the 1%. He boasts about it, takes pride in it, and trashes the other 99% for not being in the 1%!!!!

A big worry for me in regards to voting for Obama again...... I'm concerned that if he is elected that the Dem Congress will let him decimate SS/Medicare/Medicaid. He's all about the Grand Bargain. If Romney is in office and we take the House and/or keep the Senate, we may have a better chance of keeping our safety net in place.  The Dems roll over for Obama, but they might actually fight against Romney.

Curious about your thoughts on this.

by Lucy2009 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 at 12:00:15 AM PDT

•  If Romney were to beat Obama, God forbid, (2+ / 0-)
            gramofsam1, Lucy2009

it's very unlikely that we'd hold the Senate. With the R's having both Houses of Congress and the White House, you can pretty much kiss Medicare good-bye and say hello to the Ryan budget.
               I don't know if people get the idea about how dangerous this is.
              Oh, and kiss any hope for the Supreme Court to render fair decisions for a very, very long time to come.

We are not in a good place in our Nation right now, and we need a good election this year if we are to have any hope of returning to sanity.

"We the People of the United States...." -U.S. Constitution

by elwior on Fri Apr 20, 2012 at 02:11:33 AM PDT

•  I'm afraid of what Obama will do in his 2nd term (2+ / 0-)
          Lucy2009, elwior

He and Boehner tried to cut Social Security cost of living increases (chained CPIs) in secret negotiations and Obama appointed the cat food commission.

I don't trust him for a second term.

Unfortunately, Mitt Romney is even worse.

•  Last word..... SCOTUS and HCR are worthy of (5+ / 0-)

fighting for. That and that alone may get me to vote for Obama again.

Watching Romney and the freaks on the Right do their thing for the next several months may also convince me!

by Lucy2009 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 at 02:40:57 PM PDT

•  Good for you Lucy! (3+ / 0-)
        roadbear, Lucy2009, Calamity Jean

I really respect your opinion now!

"We the People of the United States...." -U.S. Constitution

by elwior on Thu Apr 19, 2012 at 03:41:09 PM PDT

•  LOL!!! SCOTUS is crucial for our long term (2+ / 0-)
          elwior, Calamity Jean

future as a country, and HCR is dear to my heart. Having been seriously ill for many years (now well into recovery), I know the value of having excellent health ins and being able to see whoever you need/want to, when you need/want to.  I have HUGE empathy for all people with regards to this topic, and particularly the ill. So I'm not sure I could live with myself if I didn't do everything in my power to make sure everyone has the same medical care opportunities that I have.  It's so basic....  life and death!!  Not something to play with.

by Lucy2009 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 at 12:05:03 AM PDT