Skip to main content

View Diary: [UPDATED] Video: Cenk Just Conducted the Most Epic, Comprehensive Beat-down of Ted Nugent Ever!! (241 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  I respect your opinion Lucy, I really do. (6+ / 0-)

    I've been disappointed with the President starting from his failure to hold BushCo accountable for ther multiple violations of U.S. Law.
      Then there was his HUGE betrayal on the Public Option, his going after whistleblowers, his appointment of the Geithners, Summers(es), Emmanuels, etc.

       Believe me, I appreciate your POV.
        But this is the time to unite, to get the best government we can elected, and then to take it from there.
       And I am hopeful about Obama in a second term. We have no way of knowing really of where exactly he'll be then, but I do believe his heart is filled with good intentions. Yes, he's a politician, but in a second term political concerns kind of take a back seat to legacy concerns.
       I see no down side at this point in coming together, all of us, to back the president now.

    "We the People of the United States...." -U.S. Constitution

    by elwior on Thu Apr 19, 2012 at 03:40:05 PM PDT

    [ Parent ]

    •  Thank you for understanding...... (2+ / 0-)
      Recommended by:
      fishwars, elwior

      you are a better Dem than I.  

      While I don't have any hopes of things changing in a second term, I sure would love to be proven wrong!

      I think Obama has sold his soul to the devil, for whatever reasons, and he's on the wrong side of history at this point unless he does a complete turn around.

      With all of that said, I'd rather a Pres Obama than Romney.  I think Obama's initial intentions were good, so once in awhile he does something decent. Romney is just so blatantly a representative of the 1%. He boasts about it, takes pride in it, and trashes the other 99% for not being in the 1%!!!!  

      A big worry for me in regards to voting for Obama again...... I'm concerned that if he is elected that the Dem Congress will let him decimate SS/Medicare/Medicaid. He's all about the Grand Bargain. If Romney is in office and we take the House and/or keep the Senate, we may have a better chance of keeping our safety net in place.  The Dems roll over for Obama, but they might actually fight against Romney.

      Curious about your thoughts on this.

      In celebration of Super Tuesday, Steven Colbert is partying! "I'm mixing up some margaritas! I could not find my blender so instead I'm using a transvaginal ultrasound wand." (watch the video, it's hysterical)

      by Lucy2009 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 at 12:00:15 AM PDT

      [ Parent ]

      •  If Romney were to beat Obama, God forbid, (2+ / 0-)
        Recommended by:
        gramofsam1, Lucy2009

        it's very unlikely that we'd hold the Senate. With the R's having both Houses of Congress and the White House, you can pretty much kiss Medicare good-bye and say hello to the Ryan budget.
           I don't know if people get the idea about how dangerous this is.
          Oh, and kiss any hope for the Supreme Court to render fair decisions for a very, very long time to come.

           We are not in a good place in our Nation right now, and we need a good election this year if we are to have any hope of returning to sanity.

        "We the People of the United States...." -U.S. Constitution

        by elwior on Fri Apr 20, 2012 at 02:11:33 AM PDT

        [ Parent ]

    •  I'm afraid of what Obama will do in his 2nd term (2+ / 0-)
      Recommended by:
      Lucy2009, elwior

      He and Boehner tried to cut Social Security cost of living increases (chained CPIs) in secret negotiations and Obama appointed the cat food commission.

      I don't trust him for a second term.

      Unfortunately, Mitt Romney is even worse.

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site