Skip to main content

View Diary: Remember the Soldier a Republican Audience Booed? He Endures Another Indignity in Ohio. (111 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  To answer your last question, jp, (3+ / 0-)
    Recommended by:
    jpmassar, jayden, Ahianne

    You do not have to be a resident of Ohio to get married; you merely have to file for a marriage license in the county where you will be married.  The bride can indicate on the marriage license application what her legal name will be after marriage.  I'm not sure if the groom can do the same or if he must go through a name change request with the probate court.

    Something doesn't seem right about this situation, since I know of several gay or lesbian couples who have made a name change to hyphenate their names just as Messrs. Snyder and Hill wish to do.  What I don't know is if it occurred in Ohio or here in Franklin County.

    "You're not allowed to sell your countrymen out to multinational financial corporations anymore and still call yourself a patriot." --MinistryOfTruth

    by Kurt from CMH on Fri Jun 22, 2012 at 12:30:06 PM PDT

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site