View Diary: Breaking: Colbert DETHRONED (50 comments)

•  And Deadbeat Dad Joe Walsh. He's not my Rep (11+ / 0-)

but he's from my state and a total embarrassment.

"I'm not familiar precisely with exactly what I said, but I stand by what I said, whatever it was." M Romney May 17, 2012

by polidiscoursor on Fri Jun 22, 2012 at 05:45:20 PM PDT

•  Yep... I just diaried him the other day (8+ / 0-)

He said President Obama is a "Tyrant", then he said that "No, the President is not a tyrant because he is too dumb to know what a tyrant is". My point of course that it is not the President who is dumb but that Walsh the "Super Genius" (/snark), is really the one who is lacking in the brains dept.

"'Touch it dude' - President Barack Obama"

by volleyboy1 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 at 05:49:59 PM PDT

•  Walsh is a nutcase... (3+ / 0-)
      Puddytat, volleyboy1, polidiscoursor

...I'm not in Walsh's district, but having that jackass in our state's congressional delegation makes us look like a bunch of fools.

"We don't have government anymore, we have an auction." -Lori Compas

by DownstateDemocrat on Sat Jun 23, 2012 at 10:12:02 AM PDT

•  Who's gonna replace Johnson? nt (0+ / 0-)

by polidiscoursor on Sat Jun 23, 2012 at 08:32:47 PM PDT

•  Rodney Davis slated by IL-13 Repubs (1+ / 0-)
          polidiscoursor

It's Davis vs. Gill in IL-13, with John Hartman, an independent candidate, possibly entering the race as well. The DCCC may be backing Hartman's independent bid, as Gill has gotten into it with the DCCC in the past. Hartman appears to be a Joe Lieberman/Angus King wannabe. It will be interesting to see whether or not Hartman gets ballot access.

Davis is an aide to John Shimkus, whose views are very similar to those of Shimkus, a hard-line conservative, and Gill, an emergency room physician, is a hard-line liberal.

I live in IL-15, the district where Shimkus himself is seeking re-election, and, except for races where there's only one candidate on the ballot, that race is the least competitive U.S. House race in the country, as the "Democrat" running against Shimkus, Angela Michael, is an anti-abortion zealot that either ran or planned to run graphic anti-abortion ads in the St. Louis media market. Unless a write-in candidate emerges in IL-15, I will undervote in that race. I've heard quite a number of rumors as to who might run a write-in campaign in IL-15, the two notable ones that I've heard are Steve Downing, an economics professor at Danville Area Community College, and David Phelps, a former U.S. Representative from Eldorado. No write-in candidate has filed yet in IL-15, and, in Illinois, a write-in line will only be offered if at least one write-in candidate files.

"We don't have government anymore, we have an auction." -Lori Compas

by DownstateDemocrat on Sat Jun 23, 2012 at 11:56:00 PM PDT

•  That's too bad about Angela Michal. (0+ / 0-)

I'm hoping the new district will be good for Gill.

by polidiscoursor on Sun Jun 24, 2012 at 04:30:24 PM PDT

• Rescued (19)
  • Media (19)
  • 2016 (17)
  • Science (16)
  • Politics (16)
  • Environment (16)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site