View Diary: The Right Wing Jewish Lunatic Fringe Flips Out on it's own community (39 comments)

•  I hear you on that sofia and I am sure you saw (6+ / 0-)

his latest smear piece.

That said, as Kane said... I am going after his article at the Times of Israel. These are lies that he is trying to spread in a crucial election period and I believe they should be responded to in a forum that will get "eyes".

The RJC is making a huge push to try to move Jewish voters in Florida, Pennsylvania and Virginia (D.C. 'burbs), now if this had appeared on his little P.O.S. blog - yeah, I would agree with you. However, when it appears at the Times of Israel (why they would let some yahoo like him blog opinion is beyond me) then I feel it needs a larger forum.

SO.. I do appreciate what you are saying and the way you are saying it, however, I think this article is appropriate to DKos.

"'Touch it dude' - President Barack Obama"

by volleyboy1 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 at 05:54:50 PM PDT

•  No.. (0+ / 0-)

..I didn't see his latest "smear piece".   But I'm sure he appreciates you driving traffic his way. ;)

This isn't the first time you've tried to "get back" at Karma and Co. by bringing your ongoing political and personal battles here, and trust me, it will only lead to bigger flames.    And Kane of course is involved in the the fighting as well...sooo. ;)

That said, you should take care.

For Mitt Romney, an overseas trip is what you call it when you trip all over yourself overseas.

by sofia on Tue Oct 02, 2012 at 06:04:30 PM PDT

•  You know not of what you speak (4+ / 0-)
        volleyboy1, halef, svboston, Hey338Too

I'm not involved at all. Other than being a friend of Karma's and someone who agrees with volley. This is a very well written piece, and it's incidental if it was motivated by personal issues. It stands on its own.

•  Right.. (0+ / 0-)

..it's not related at all to personal threats, etc.   Thanks, but no thanks.   I'm quite sure volley can make his political points without dragging, IN PARTICULAR,  the Karma BS BACK here, where we've thankfully been free of it for years now, if memory serves.

by sofia on Tue Oct 02, 2012 at 06:28:51 PM PDT

•  He didn't drag it back (1+ / 0-)
            volleyboy1

You did.

•  Let's be honest.. (0+ / 0-)

by sofia on Tue Oct 02, 2012 at 08:20:32 PM PDT

•  you gotta be fucking kidding me (1+ / 0-)
                volleyboy1

He never mentioned the cited author's dkos handle. He never mentioned personal disgreements. YOU brought it into this diary. It wasn't necessary.

•  You're funny! nt (0+ / 0-)

by sofia on Tue Oct 02, 2012 at 09:32:31 PM PDT

•  At least (0+ / 0-)

I'm not dillusional.

•  Let's see.. (0+ / 0-)

Volley writes:

In a piece at the Times of Israel Hard Core Right Wing Activist Mike Lumish (formerly a Kossak) goes over the edge combining a series of lies and simple ignorance to guide his arguments.
                      Let's change this around a bit for context and see if this helps you.
                      In a piece at the blah of blah Hard Core Left Wing activist Dana Houle (formally a kossack) goes over the edge combining a series of lies and simple ignorance to guide his arguments.
                      Certainly it would not be extraordinary for a well-informed respondent to that statement to refer to Dana as DHinMi (as he was known here) or note if there happened to be ongoing personal dispute between the writer of the statement and his subject.

Since Karma has made his identity fair game both at his own blog, and David Horowitz's place AND there has been quite an public ugly personal situation going on between Karma, volley, and Jay, which volley has written about himself --in no way was it out of bounds to bring it up. especially when the diarist himself has written about here at this site.

I'm not saying there isn't a real difference of political opinion between the two but still the all the rest is fair game as well.

by sofia on Wed Oct 03, 2012 at 12:11:01 AM PDT

•  I didn't say it wasn't fair game (2+ / 0-)
                        volleyboy1, puzzled

But you were the first one to bring up personal animosity between the diarist and the source he quoted. It was incidental to the diary. It wasn't necessary. It diminished the discussion. And at this point, I'm sorry I ever responded to your initial comment. It wasn't worthy. And this diary didn't deserve the distraction.

•  I dont think it's incidental.. (0+ / 0-)

..to the diary because if it had been written by Pamela Geller, or any other right wing "pro-Israel" person I doubt it would have been brought here.

I'm sorry I ever responded to your initial comment. It wasn't worthy.
                          Well I feel the same way re. your first comment to me -- so at least we can agree on that!

by sofia on Wed Oct 03, 2012 at 12:49:52 AM PDT