View Diary: Midday open thread (119 comments)

•  Perhaps so, but amazes me (0+ / 0-)

that 44 TU s have HRed something on thFP. That  also sucks. Guess Admins decided to show them.

How did Supreme Court decision ACA help the 23 million still uncovered? Ask the 18,000 Doctors of PNHP -- they're not waiting, FORWARD now to pass H.R. 676, the “Expanded and Improved Medicare for All Act .

by divineorder on Tue Sep 18, 2012 at 12:48:59 PM PDT

•  Maybe it's the other way around... (5+ / 0-)

That 44+ TU's have been willing to say that the comic is pure, unmitigated CR*P and doesn't belong on the front page.

Happy little moron, Lucky little man.
      I wish I was a moron, MY GOD, Perhaps I am!
      —Spike Milligan

by polecat on Tue Sep 18, 2012 at 12:50:47 PM PDT

•  asdf 'Haters gonna hate' TU or no. (2+ / 0-)
        gfv6800, splintersawry

This piling on of the self righteous happens here at Dkos, especially if the President is seen as being maligned.

Censorship of a political cartoon is a no no though.

I agree with this comment:

He's from my city (4+ / 0-)

and has been published for a long time in our local alternative paper The Portland Mercury. It is a liberal paper. I'm also a fan from before the time he came to dkos. Still am.I do not like the censorship of political cartoons or satire. Ask me it's very undemocratic. It also does not help convince the undecided voter to support Democratic candidates if we adopt the same mind set.

by shaharazade on Tue Sep 18, 2012 at 03:32:45 PM FNT

[ Parent | Reply to This | Recommend Hide ]

by divineorder on Tue Sep 18, 2012 at 01:14:37 PM PDT

•  Nobody censored anything. It's a TIP JAR! (4+ / 0-)
          RainyDay, Boris49, PSzymeczek, divineorder

And he has infinite mojo.

It's a vote.  Perhaps you've heard of voting?

Oh, and if you DARE to declare me an Obamabot, I'll start pointing out that I'm not -- I'm an Edwards Refugee, a Deaniac, and that I've been around here since '04, and finally have a UID that is 10x smaller than yours.

(And after I make a screed like that, UID #6 will come along and tell me to chill out.)

Happy little moron, Lucky little man.
          I wish I was a moron, MY GOD, Perhaps I am!
          —Spike Milligan

by polecat on Tue Sep 18, 2012 at 01:20:13 PM PDT

•  Puhlease, you don't have to yell. (1+ / 0-)
            polecat

Lol, no one was saying anything about you, but you sure over reacted didn't you. Wonder why?

Anyway, was not aware of the unlimited mojo thing, sorry.  Read Kos post yesterday about Crap Community Behavior and a comment about autoban.

Life subscription, so I logged out and sure enough, can still see the cartoon, so stand corrected.

Have a nice day!

by divineorder on Tue Sep 18, 2012 at 03:51:07 PM PDT

•  Simply because the message is a cartoon does not (2+ / 0-)
          journeyman, Boris49

give it an automatic pass. Would you give a pass to all those anti-Democrat, anti-women, anti-ethnic, anti-minority cartoons on Right wing blogs, simply because the message is distributed through the medium of a political cartoon? Somehow, I have a feeling that's a no.

•  Nah, you are absolutely correct. However (0+ / 0-)

kossacks should be aware that these puppies will keep appearing on the FP ,  and they might want to save those big bad hiderates for real trolls?

Tue Sep 18, 2012 at 10:12 PM FNT On cartoons+*by kos