View Diary: Important: Why FL is slipping away (updated) (52 comments)

•  IF FL is slipping, i think a good debate by Obama (4+ / 0-)

could turn it right back around.

•  You could address the content of the diary (8+ / 0-)

even if you disagree with it.   What ABOUT direct-mail targeting?

My thought was that the diarist's mail is skewed by what each campaign knows abou him -- the Obama campaign, that he is a contributor (hence already convinced, except maybe to give even more), and the Republicans, that he is registered as No Party Affiliation (hence vulnerable to lies about taxes).

"The extinction of the human race will come from its inability to EMOTIONALLY comprehend the exponential function." -- Edward Teller

by lgmcp on Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 11:23:22 AM PDT

•  A great idea is to go to BarackObama.com and (12+ / 0-)

notify the campaign about this and suggest some direct mailers to be sent from the campaign.

I think the best bet is to

1. Call or email the Florida Democratic Party about this.

2.  Email the Obama campaign or post this on the Obama campaign blog.

3. If you go to BarackObama.com and type in your zipcode, listing of events and OFA office nearest each of us.  Go the next meeting and make suggestions.

There are big GOTV activities for Obama going on this weekend, go to these in Florida and talk about this with the local campaign office.

Follow PA Keystone Liberals on Twitter: @KeystoneLibs

by wishingwell on Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 11:29:11 AM PDT

•  Thanks. (3+ / 0-)
          bluedust, blueoasis, quill

Actually I was at the OFA office in Daytona Beach last week.

I'm not one for doing much more than contributing, showing my bumper stickers and yard signage.

I condemn Mitt Romney for political opportunism in exercising his free speech rights to criticize America's leaders during a foreign crisis. Wow, I guess I just apologized for Mitt Romney being an ass.

by emsprater on Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 11:37:55 AM PDT

•  You are not comfortable phone banking, that is OK (1+ / 0-)
            luckylizard

sometimes if you ask if there is anything you can do. they may suggest something and pick what you most want to do.
            Sometimes just offering rides to the polls and giving OFA your phone number is a great way to help. As they get calls Election Day and the days before from people needing rides to vote. They then go to their volunteer rides sheet and call people.

Follow PA Keystone Liberals on Twitter: @KeystoneLibs

by wishingwell on Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 01:16:15 PM PDT

•  Are you saying OFA doesn't know about this mailing (1+ / 0-)
          emsprater

s? I'd be surprised...else what are they doing?

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis, 1935 --Talk of foresight--

by tuma on Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 02:01:47 PM PDT

•  Do you read your junk mail? (3+ / 0-)

Me, neither.

•  Ha! But, (1+ / 0-)
          emsprater

I do sorta weigh it just to estimate who is spending how much.  Then I tut-tut when people I'm already giving money to, waste that money sending me glossy flyers to vote for them.

Also I take a good look at the glossies for "non-partisan" races, to try to suss out what those would-be judges and commission members are really getting at.

by lgmcp on Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 12:18:47 PM PDT