View Diary: Open thread for night owls: Big Joe and the Joyful Noise (191 comments)

•  Never send a boy... (6+ / 0-)

As the lesson continued unabated, Ryan ended up looking like he was sitting on a chair atop a pile of books.

Fuck Big Brother...from now on, WE'RE watching.

by franklyn on Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 08:49:10 PM PDT

•  Am I the only one who thought Ryan said (6+ / 0-)

Big Mitt gives 30% of his money to charity?  Really, I thought Mitt gave only 10% and cried over that.

Proud Big Bird Democrat

by Lying eyes on Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 09:02:02 PM PDT

•  Got me. What day was it? nt (2+ / 0-)
        Aunt Pat, wishingwell

Fuck Big Brother...from now on, WE'RE watching.

by franklyn on Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 09:19:27 PM PDT

•  I heard him say it, as well. (1+ / 0-)
        Lying eyes

Is there uncertainty about whether he said it or not?

•  Glad to know it wasn't just me. (2+ / 0-)
          LinSea, BlackSheep1

I guess the reason I questioned myself is that I hadn't seen or heard any mention of it in any media.  And I think it's mentionable or at least questionable. Did mini-mitt mispeak or was this a talking point given to him to make big-mitt seem the most charitable man to ever mount a presidential campaign.  Very strange.

Proud Big Bird Democrat

by Lying eyes on Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 09:54:11 PM PDT

•  I believe it was the 10% church tithe that was (1+ / 0-)
            BlackSheep1

cried about, so he may give another 20% charitably... only to those whom he deems "deserving" I suspect.

Dance lightly upon the Earth, Sing her songs with wild abandon, Smile upon all forms of Life ...and be well.

by LinSea on Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 10:20:46 PM PDT

•  The 10% is just to his church (1+ / 0-)
        barkworsethanbite

He could give 20% above that for all I know. Doesn't make him a better person.

You and I are going to spend our sunset years telling our children's children what it was once like in America when 25% of the population was batshit insane.

by Omir the Storyteller on Sat Oct 13, 2012 at 01:13:03 AM PDT

•   I heard that too. (2+ / 0-)
        JeffW, Lying eyes

I just skimmed the transcript and didn't see it, but I'm on my phone and still haven't figured out how to search a website. Or it may be in one of those crosstalk areas that don't get transcribed even though you can hear what's bents aid if you watch.
        But my feeling is, Romney didn't  claim 30% charitable last year, did he? They say he donated more, but all we have is unsigned tax returns they say they were going to file by 10/15. What is not those returns is irrelevant.

We don't have returns for anything other than 2010.

I tend to be kind of black and white about this. Mr Ryan can give me the evidence in the form of tax documents and I'll accept it. Otherwise,  I see no reason to accept Mr. Ryan's testimony on this.

At least the PWC partner who wrote Romney the letter summarizing his taxes could withstand a Daubert  challenge. I just see zero reason to accept Ryan as any sort of authority on the Romney family's personal taxes.