View Diary: Take those tired memes and shove 'em (275 comments)

•  We elected the first Hindu Female Senator! (3+ / 0-)

She's from Hawai'i. I'm super-proud right now. This election was scorchingly good. We have an openly gay female Senator as well, I think in Massachussetts. This was a very satisfying election!

Especially for women. I feel like we just ran the show and brought it on home for this Country, finally.

Oh, and yes, Latinos do vote! :)

The white, wealthy, and socially conservative Republicans do not stand for or value what this America, now, stands for and values, period.

So much victory! I am overwhelmed by it all.

Vote YES on Prop. 30, California!!!! Yes on 30, No on 32 & 38. For the future of education. (Oh look at that. Yes We Did!)

by mahakali overdrive on Wed Nov 07, 2012 at 08:21:14 AM PST

•  Karma is ..... (3+ / 0-)

and those mf's have been piling up bad karma from the get go.

Mornin' Sis!

"If we ever needed to vote we sure do need to vote now". Rev. William Barber, If you're in a coalition and you're comfortable, you know it's not a broad enough coalition" Bernice Johnson Reagon

by Denise Oliver Velez on Wed Nov 07, 2012 at 08:27:32 AM PST

•  Morning! (3+ / 0-)

I was so excited, I barely slept. The family stayed up to watch Obama's speech which put us in bed close to Midnight, up at 6:30 am again, yikes!

I feel like I did the first time Obama won, only actually, even more excited (didn't know that was possible). About to go to work, but so jazzed here.

Prop 30 here in California passed and so all of the teachers and Professors are now are going nuts on FB. This is surprising, and a great thing!

Overwhelmingly good election. I think we'll see an even more openly Left Obama from here on out. God, I love that man! He does make me proud of this country. That's a weird feeling for me. I'm no nationalist, but... wow.

by mahakali overdrive on Wed Nov 07, 2012 at 08:32:34 AM PST

•  girl! (2+ / 0-)

good morning!!!  i thought about you last night in the mass of postings... :-)

i'm even happier than 2008.   just more solid inside.  maybe a down emphasis on the "yeah" re: "fuck yeah" when in 08, it was an up emphasis on the "yeah."

i figure you'll make sense of that.   !!!!

"From single strands of light we build our webs." ~kj

by kj in missouri on Wed Nov 07, 2012 at 08:37:11 AM PST

•  Where have you been? (2+ / 0-)

You being here, that's an election morning victory I cherish! Thanks for thinking of me, sweetie. I was to the moon as I'm sure you were too. ;)

I make good sense of it indeed.

I know it's kind of crazy, but I wonder if now this site can return to being one of Democratic discussion and excitement? Wouldn't that be nice? I think we'd see a lot of old friends if it changed the tone to the one which so attracted me here four-odd years ago.

Happy day, milady! ((((((((((kj in missouri)))))))))

by mahakali overdrive on Wed Nov 07, 2012 at 08:41:32 AM PST

•  i am thinking it will (1+ / 0-)
              Denise Oliver Velez

change.   i disappear from here when i am deleting more comments than i'm posting.  the big nasty personal fights around basic human dignity/rights are over on the site, i think.  if not, well, more of us have sledgehammers and know how to use them.  LOL

and now with some solid wins that are not only historic but practical, and with the Big O having a 2nd term, it's actually possible to imagine the majority here pulling on the same rope at the same time, or at least enough twines of the rope to not result in fraying of energy.

that's my story and i'm sticking to it.   :-)
              ps.  we're in Kansas now.  Kansas.

"From single strands of light we build our webs." ~kj

by kj in missouri on Wed Nov 07, 2012 at 09:32:46 AM PST

•  Karma is a B (1+ / 0-)
        Denise Oliver Velez

another way of saying God don't like ugly?

"Politics is like driving. To go backward put it in R. To go forward put it in D."
        Four More Years! How sweet it is!!!

by TrueBlueMajority on Wed Nov 07, 2012 at 02:40:44 PM PST