View Diary: Republicans are ripping Rush a new one (298 comments)

•  Rush started today's show w They're out to get me! (18+ / 0-)
    RUSH:  Everywhere I look, ladies and gentlemen, it's my fault.  It's my fault.  It's my fault the Romney ground game didn't come out. It's my fault we didn't get Virginia.  It's my fault we didn't get the black vote. It's my fault we didn't get the women vote.  It's my fault we didn't get the Hispanic vote. It's my fault.  I'm alienating everybody.  It's what's all over, it's my fault today, folks.  I got some solutions.
    Then Rush proposes making undocumented immigrants 2nd class citizens!
    RUSH:I'm not kidding.  We got it in the sound bites.  Wherever you go, it's my fault.  I need to close down my show. I need to close up shop and go away.  It's the only way the Republicans are ever gonna have a chance.  I just have to go away.  By the way, I've noticed a lot of people are starting to moderate, ladies and gentlemen, on the issue of immigration.  It seems to be the wave, and so I want to propose something here.  How about the EIB El Rushbo amnesty plan.  We give every illegal alien currently living in the country amnesty, and they can't vote for 25 years. And we'll see who is really interested in this.  He-he-he-he-he.  I'm not kidding.  Wherever I go -- we've got some sound bites on this -- it's all my fault.

)@(

"We don't need someone who can think. We need someone with enough digits to hold a pen." ~ Grover Norquist

by Lefty Coaster on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 10:37:43 AM PST

•  Jeebus, what an idiot blowhard (9+ / 0-)

Of course, they can't (and didn't) vote now, either. So that does not solve his problem with Latinos who could, and did, vote.

"...you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem." Mitt Romney

by Catte Nappe on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 11:59:06 AM PST

•  He's like most of the base these days, (4+ / 0-)

if you're Hispanic, you're illegal. Most have never been to Texas or the Southwest, where Hispanics have lived since the 1600s.

“We are not a nation that says ‘don’t ask, don’t tell.’ We are a nation that says ‘out of many, we are one.’” -Barack Obama

by skohayes on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 02:55:57 PM PST

•  Rush is a caricature of the regressive base..his (2+ / 0-)
        Lefty Coaster, elwior

schtick validates any weird idea that flows from under the tin foil. So they love him because they are no longer crazy uncle Ernie who you keep away from the little girls at family gatherings who thinks all females are just around to service men.... Or Cousin Lucy who thinks God told her that the next door neighbors are devils... Or Grandpa who lives off his social security and medicare but thinks the gravy train might run out if anyone else gets some...or the witless libertarians who believe that freedom means having the right to use, abuse and live off of everyone elses work without contributing anything but your vicious little spirit to the group...

He gotta be on drugs to dull his ability to see his own barely able to be accepted into sane civil society self. A puke in other words who feeds on the bottom dwellers

How can you tell when Rmoney is lying? His lips are moving. Fear is the Mind Killer

by boophus on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 03:38:08 PM PST

•  Wow (2+ / 0-)
      Lefty Coaster, elwior

Is that an anal cyst on the lower left of the block quote?

"Mitt Romney has more positions than the Kama Sutra." -- me "Social justice is love, made public." -- Cornel West

by billlaurelMD on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 05:19:34 PM PST

•  Make it five years... (0+ / 0-)

Make it five years, and you have a repeat of Reagan's amnesty.

"Politics should be the part-time profession of every citizen who would protect the rights and privileges of free people and who would preserve what is good and fruitful in our national heritage." -- Lucille Ball

by Yamaneko2 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 at 01:43:43 AM PST