View Diary: The Morning F Bomb (214 comments)

•  I'm good (9+ / 0-)

Living up in the PNW, permanently.  Hard to leave my beloved San Francisco, but things change and so must we.  I'm not quite loving it yet (not as much rain as I had hoped), but the thought of winter is starting to win me over.  Have a new little dog, a Min Pin who is quite loveable, but not quite civilized due to his difficult beginnings in life.  We don't know much about him, but he is a shelter dog and they come with issues.  But, we are working on them, one by one.  How about you?

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~ George Carlin

by vigilant meerkat on Sun Nov 11, 2012 at 12:33:01 PM PST

•  I'm good.. (8+ / 0-)

I envy you living in the PNW, it's lovely there. And like you, I like real weather, which we rarely get here.  (Mind, I do not like "extreme weather events"!)

I rather suspect the "not as much rain as you would like" is because the SF weather follows you.  I seem to recall that happening to you before. ;-)

Are you going to post puppy pics?

My last aging cats passed last year, and this March I went to my neighborhood no-kill shelter and now have two half grown kittens (both are now a year old but still small) and a 6 year old with one eye.  There are pics of them elsewhere in this diary.

Someone feeling wronged is like someone feeling thirsty. Don’t tell them they aren’t. Sit with them and have a drink. - Lemony Snicket

by Floja Roja on Sun Nov 11, 2012 at 12:46:35 PM PST

•  Yes, the hot sun tends to follow me (2+ / 0-)
        JanF, Floja Roja

The PNW'ers should be elevating me to some high status:  I brought the high pressure system that has dominated this spring, summer and fall.  Hot weather; they love it!  Go figure.  So glad you decided to add new family members.  I saw the photos; you selected well.

by vigilant meerkat on Sun Nov 11, 2012 at 08:38:39 PM PST

•  I would love to post puppy pics (2+ / 0-)
        JanF, Floja Roja

But, my ability to do so is limited.  I'm on Roger's laptop; mine finally died, a long and painful demise, I must say.  I'm trying to figure out what to get as the replacement.  I'm thinking of the the thin, very light weight Samsung.  But, I'm also leaning toward the newest Apple, which I presume also is lightweight.  Of course, I've never used an Apple, and I would be opening myself up to horrendous (and really loud) bitching on my part during the entire learning process.  Can't be helped.  I hate change.

by vigilant meerkat on Sun Nov 11, 2012 at 08:48:25 PM PST

•  I have the MacBook Air (2+ / 0-)
          JanF, vigilant meerkat

which is super thin and light.  If you have an Apple Store nearby they will teach you how to use it.  Ask side pocket, he loves his!

by Floja Roja on Mon Nov 12, 2012 at 04:41:00 AM PST

•  I'm considering it (2+ / 0-)
            Floja Roja, JanF

I need a new cell phone and I'm thinking iPhone.  I imagine learning to do both the iphone and the MacBook Air at the same time won't be too difficult.

by vigilant meerkat on Mon Nov 12, 2012 at 08:11:13 AM PST