Skip to main content

View Diary: The Bible does not condemn abortion (27 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  Makes no sense (1+ / 0-)
    Recommended by:
    Radical Faith

    I have not looked into the Hebrew meaning but:

    1) Why pay a fine for causing the birth if everything turned out fine?

    2) If causing a premature birth is a minor crime, why is causing a miscarriage no crime at all?

    3) Given the very high infant mortality rates at the time the likelihood of an injury induced premature birth having a happy outcome must be very low.

    Again, in context miscarriage is what is being described regardless of later spin. No one with half a brain would make a law for the 5%?? chance of an injury induced premature healthy live birth and not cover the 95% of cases where an injury induces miscarriage or the baby dies right after birth.

    Our reason is quite satisfied ... if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized... Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case. - William James

    by radical empiricist on Wed Nov 14, 2012 at 12:24:45 PM PST

    [ Parent ]

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site