View Diary: Obama Administration announces first offshore wind farm project (198 comments)

•  I'm with you bluebirder (1+ / 0-)
    KenBee

I question the design. I've seen other designs that were not lethal but it seems every wind farm in the world looks the same. I wonder where is the human ingenuity that would allow us to invent something not lethal to birds and bats.

❧To thine ownself be true

by Agathena on Sat Dec 01, 2012 at 11:46:50 AM PST

•  If we don't reduce our CO2 output... (1+ / 0-)
      rosarugosa

...all those birds and bats are going to be dead anyway. And us along with them.

"They smash your face in, and say you were always ugly." (Solzhenitsyn)

by sagesource on Sat Dec 01, 2012 at 02:01:03 PM PST

•   turbines IIRC go carbon neutral in a year (0+ / 0-)

or less.

With a life span of 20-30 years, that a lot of carbon saved.

FDR 9-23-33, "If we cannot do this one way, we will do it another way. But do it we will.

by Roger Fox on Sat Dec 01, 2012 at 07:35:19 PM PST

•  What does that have to do with redesigning the (0+ / 0-)

turbines so they are less lethal to birds? So we shouldn't even try, just sit back self-satisfied that it's the best design possible.

❧To thine ownself be true

by Agathena on Sat Dec 01, 2012 at 09:31:17 PM PST

•  Comment mentioned C02, you can read right? (0+ / 0-)
            If we don't reduce our CO2 output...
            Right?

OK?

by Roger Fox on Sun Dec 02, 2012 at 07:24:08 PM PST

•  My comment didn't - no need to be rude (0+ / 0-)

Mr. Fox.

Carbon neutral in one year and 100 bird deaths per year per turbine = thousands of birds.

I am not opposed to wind power I want to discuss a new design less lethal to birds and bats.

Okay?

❧To thine ownself be true

by Agathena on Sun Dec 02, 2012 at 11:50:26 PM PST

•  link to comment tree (0+ / 0-)

created by clicking on parent.

Shows what comment I was responding to.

I use that to make sure I am responding to the right comment, something I used to mix up.

by Roger Fox on Mon Dec 03, 2012 at 08:22:38 AM PST