View Diary: The Descent of Republicans (163 comments)

•  Haven't been banned yet (1+ / 0-)
    Rikon Snow

but if I do get banned here for even mentioning that we should be supporting people whom I view as our natural allies, then I don't belong here anyway.

Al Qeada is a faith-based initiative.

by drewfromct on Sun Nov 18, 2012 at 08:34:35 AM PST

•  I'm certainly not suggesting you should be banned. (0+ / 0-)

I just don't understand why you would hang out at a site dedicated to electing Democrats if "the Dems have cravenly, cowardly, and corruptedly (sic) moved with them and enabled them."  If I believed that I would be out of here in a minute.

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a Republican. But I repeat myself. Harry Truman

by ratcityreprobate on Sun Nov 18, 2012 at 09:15:33 AM PST

•  I only came here because I heard "better (3+ / 0-)
        tardis10, drewfromct, trevzb

democrats" as part of the formulation.  If it's really "only democrats," I'm probably not in the right place.  I'm happy to work for all sorts of democrats -- Warren, Baldwin, Grayson, Dean -- and fellow travelers -- Sanders.

In other cases . . . eh, well.

"Let's see what fresh fuckwittery these dolts can contrive to torment themselves with this time." -- Iain Banks, The Hydrogen Sonata

by Rikon Snow on Sun Nov 18, 2012 at 09:56:10 AM PST

•  See the other reply to this (0+ / 0-)

I don't see all Democrats behaving reprehensibly. Just too many of them. I come here to participate in a healthy intellectual discussion and exchange of ideas. In case you haven't noticed, there's a lot more going on here that Democratic partisan politics. But as far as that goes, I come here to join in those who are working to wield whatever influence we can to elect "More and Better" Dems and to move the party--and our country--forward instead of backwards.

Al Qeada is a faith-based initiative.

by drewfromct on Sun Nov 18, 2012 at 10:37:43 AM PST

•  That is a substantial modification of what you (0+ / 0-)

said in your original comment.  Where Dems were worse than Republicans and "the Dems", not some Dems were craven, corrupt and cowardly which is just bull shit.

by ratcityreprobate on Sun Nov 18, 2012 at 11:43:36 AM PST

•  How bout this , then: (0+ / 0-)

"Some" Dems are craven, cowardly, corrupt, and none of the rest can call them on it.

Prove me wrong, or bullshit on you.

Thanks for playing.

Al Qeada is a faith-based initiative.

by drewfromct on Sun Nov 18, 2012 at 02:02:25 PM PST

•  I don't agree. We could go through them one by (0+ / 0-)

one but that probably would serve no purpose.  I simply don't believe that Al Franken, Sherrod Brown, Nancy Pelosi, Raul Grijalva and scores more are corrupt.  If I thought those people were corrupt, craven and cowardly I would not be a Democrat.  I would find a different party if I felt the way you do.  OK

by ratcityreprobate on Sun Nov 18, 2012 at 02:49:23 PM PST