View Diary: Midday open thread (119 comments)

•  So dig this. (9+ / 0-)

We were waiting for the opportunity to dump Papa John Schnatter's somewhat edible pizza as soon as there were enough points for a freebie.
    Today OHD got a Papa John email offering a free pizz if you had 18 points in the pizza bank. We have 19, you usually need 25. OK, ordered pizza online and will delete the PJ cookie now.
    Here's the thing: the little greedhead's pissing and moaning about raising pizza prices 15c, and I'm wondering howTF he's gonna do this.
    Well, he's already done it. Delivery is now $2.40, up from $2. And gas is down. Oink.

I ♥ President Obama. ~ Yes, we did. Again.
    NOW: Hands off SocSec, Medicare and Medicaid. NO Grand Bargain.
    Rich pay a bit more. DoD take a bit less. End war on Afghanistan sooner.

by OleHippieChick on Sun Nov 18, 2012 at 01:25:01 PM PST

•  We actually started boycotting (6+ / 0-)

back during the election when we found out he was a huge Romney backer; our local Papa John's was pretty decent (other than their drivers continually getting lost when looking for our place), one Super Bowl Sunday when one of their ovens broke and they couldn't get us our requested pizza we got a freebie to use any other time. And we liked that they had the mint It's Its in store to pick up for dessert. But I unsubscribed to the emails and deleted the app from my phone -- I didn't want our money ending up in GOP pockets.

"If we ever needed to vote we sure do need to vote now" -- Rev. William Barber, NAACP

by Cali Scribe on Sun Nov 18, 2012 at 01:35:39 PM PST

•  Yeah, wish it coulda been sooner (2+ / 0-)
        high uintas, LilithGardener

but the alternative is a longer drive, higher price and screaming Italian guys. It'll be worth it though. We won't have it as often.

I ♥ President Obama. ~ Yes, we did. Again.
        NOW: Hands off SocSec, Medicare and Medicaid. NO Grand Bargain.
        Rich pay a bit more. DoD take a bit less. End war on Afghanistan sooner.

by OleHippieChick on Sun Nov 18, 2012 at 01:51:59 PM PST

•  I did the same during the election (2+ / 0-)
        OleHippieChick, LilithGardener

I sent an email using their "contact us" and told them that I would no longer be a customer and that I no longer wanted to receive offers, ect because I didn't appreciate the mix of politics and pizza.

It really is a shame. Our town has 3 chain pizza places and no others. No one else delivers either, so I guess it's down to Pizza Hut or Domino's if we need delivery food. I don't do it often but it was nice to have an option and I liked PJ's vegie pizza.

"The scientific nature of the ordinary man is to go on out and do the best you can." John Prine

by high uintas on Sun Nov 18, 2012 at 02:55:57 PM PST

•  We've got Round Table near us (3+ / 0-)

and they're decent -- they were one of the first to offer a low-carb "skinny crust" which is good. Best though is local chain Pizza My Heart; a little pricier but excellent quality and a wide range of toppings. (There's one right down the street from San Jose Convention Center; I'll be mentioning them when I finally do my diary on where to eat when at Netroots Nation sometime after the first of the year.)

by Cali Scribe on Sun Nov 18, 2012 at 04:20:54 PM PST

•  Oink, oink, oink - send that to Rachel Maddow? nt (3+ / 0-)
      •  I twitted RM a link to comment. :-D (1+ / 0-)
        LilithGardener

I ♥ President Obama. ~ Yes, we did. Again.
        NOW: Hands off SocSec, Medicare and Medicaid. NO Grand Bargain.
        Rich pay a bit more. DoD take a bit less. End war on Afghanistan sooner.

by OleHippieChick on Sun Nov 18, 2012 at 03:37:52 PM PST