View Diary: Mitt Romney close to 47% of the vote (134 comments)

•  I don't want to be rich (9+ / 0-)

I would like to be comfortable, but I would not need very much money to be happy.  I could do quite well on a LOT less than $250,000.  Less than half of that!

"Politics is like driving. To go backward put it in R. To go forward put it in D."
    Four More Years! How sweet it is!!!

by TrueBlueMajority on Mon Nov 19, 2012 at 03:39:33 PM PST

•  I want to be rich because I have ideas (7+ / 0-)

that I would like to explore, but in terms of lifestyle I wouldn't really care beyond being able to travel comfortably.

"They fear this man. They know he will see farther than they, and he will bind them with ancient logics." -The stoner guy in The Cabin in the Woods

by Troubadour on Mon Nov 19, 2012 at 03:42:52 PM PST

•  I would love to be a philanthropist (3+ / 0-)
        88kathy, Troubadour, Orlaine

if I had lots of money.

But I get a thrill out of the small gifts I am able to give!

Four More Years! How sweet it is!!!

by TrueBlueMajority on Mon Nov 19, 2012 at 04:30:20 PM PST

•  I think it is the same rush, finding unexpected (2+ / 0-)
          Troubadour, TrueBlueMajority

treasure, in any amount.  I like to leave small piles of change here and there.

Hey, GOP - Get In, Sit Down, Shut up, & Hang On!

by 88kathy on Mon Nov 19, 2012 at 04:37:37 PM PST

•  Giving back is the only good reason to get rich. (1+ / 0-)
          TrueBlueMajority

The three biggest Big Things I would do if I were the richest man on Earth:

1.  Found a new city from scratch dedicated to both pursuing and exemplifying education, social equality and opportunity, and scientific and technological advancement in every facet of its development, design, and operation.

2.  Found a university in that city dedicated to same, with the greatest resources of any academic institution in the world, and steal all the best talent from all over the world.

3.  Found free K-12 schools throughout the country, many in poor neighborhoods, with curricula designed around the same principles as the city and university above, and designed to channel the best students to that university.

by Troubadour on Mon Nov 19, 2012 at 04:48:24 PM PST

•  i would LOVE to found a school! (1+ / 0-)
            Troubadour

a friend of mine inherited some money and founded a school and I admire that immensely

Four More Years! How sweet it is!!!

by TrueBlueMajority on Mon Nov 19, 2012 at 04:49:42 PM PST