View Diary: Five Lingering Unsolved Mysteries From the JFK Assassination (66 comments)

•  Details (0+ / 0-)

Feel free to fill us in on all the details that were common knowledge.  No one else has been able to ever do that.

History will be kind to us because we will write it.

by Sky Net on Thu Nov 22, 2012 at 12:21:50 PM PST

•  I think you're conflating 2 of my sentences. (0+ / 0-)

What I meant was that the hit on JFK being a CIA operation was common knowledge amongst other CIA operatives he met and worked with.

The details I was referencing were details he shared with me about how he was recruited, trained and the types of things he did during his career which is what led me to take his tale with more than a grain of salt, tho I still remain skeptical, about all of it.

However he did mention a few details about the assassination itself that he claimed he learned from fellow CIA who'd been involved, not directly, it was an outside contract, but in setting it all up and keeping the lid on it, as best as they could anyhow. 3 shooters, triangulating. Oswald not one of them. just a patsy. Ruby obviously sent to take him out to keep him quiet. but he was not the only one. In the following weeks 100s more innocent citizens were taken out in apparent accidents, apparent suicides, disappearances, and other staged "events" to cover the trails of the shooters into and out of the country. anyone who they came in contact with like bartenders, waitresses, hotel clerks, stewardesses who could place them at any point on the trail. He said they were furious they missed Zapruder and didn't get their hands on that film. I did ask at this point about the shooters, did they get taken out too. "Eventually" was his answer.

Like I said it could all be something he put together over the years from other theories and books and the tons of crap out there and absorbed to the point of it being real to him or he at least had it so down he could spin out the tale like that so exhaustively.

I also asked the obvious burning question...how come he was still walking around? He said, "who am I gonna tell?" they know that know one will believe me. guys come forward all the time, they're just dismissed as consipiracy theorists."

so look, I know its a mind fuck. it makes sense and it doesn't make sense. its a moebius strip of information that goes nowhere and everywhere.

no man is completely worthless, he can always be used as a bad example.

by srfRantz on Thu Nov 22, 2012 at 03:54:54 PM PST

•  Sounds like a crank (0+ / 0-)

The story doesn't even make any sense.  If you want Oswald to be a patsy why do you put three shooters at three different angles?  Any idiot could figure out he wasn't acting alone.

As for Ruby, all the info is that he walked into the Dallas police station just a minute before Oswald came out, and if Oswald hadn't gone back to get a sweater he would have completely missed him.  Not exactly hit man style.

If your friend wants to give up the names of the people that told him all those details, I'm sure there are investigators willing to follow up.  But I doubt he will.  Cranks always forget that kind of info.  And no, former CIA guys do not come forward all the time saying they have inside info on the assassination.  Your buddy's just lying to you there.

History will be kind to us because we will write it.

by Sky Net on Thu Nov 22, 2012 at 04:21:38 PM PST

•  the biggest tell for me seemed to be (0+ / 0-)

the bit about the 100s of people killed in the following weeks. that's just nuts. why would they do that? only thing I can think is if they expected the Oswald patsy thing to never hold up, it was just to buy time, a diversion, AND someone saw one of the other shooters AND a real investigation got under way.... and even then doesn't that just widen the number of people who know something and are connected to the ever widening conspiracy? where does it end if you start taking everyone out and keep bringing more people in to do it?

but there have been CIA that have come forward. Mr. X is a real guy. I've read his account. Philip Agee leaps to mind. I didn't mean 'all the time' literally nor did he. and he didn't mean specifically about the assassination either. that was hyperbole and I understood it to be at the time. those that have are demonized or marginalized or never even listened too and just dismissed as cranks so I think he kind of had a point. but I still felt it was a weasel answer...but then that's the whole deal with "conspiracy theory" and why it works both ways, for and against them.

and again that doesn't jive with the other thing about them being so paranoid they take out everyone who may have seen the shooters en route...but they would let "whistleblowers' from inside just walk???

it just goes round and round..the crazy.

still you'd have to know the guy. just hard to believe he'd invent the whole thing and lay it on me like that. no motive. nothing else like that ever came up in any conversation ever. just weird.

no man is completely worthless, he can always be used as a bad example.

by srfRantz on Thu Nov 22, 2012 at 05:21:21 PM PST

•  Cranks (0+ / 0-)

I read a great book a while back called Stolen Valor.  The author made it his mission to track down service records of people who claimed to be Vietnam veterans but really weren't.  He found all sorts of people who were otherwise fine upstanding citizens, but for some reason decided to claim they'd been in the Vietnam war.  Some people just like to be part of something big, I suppose.

I'm in Australia now, and a recent scandal was the discovery that the head of the Australian WWII POW organization had never actually been a POW during WWII.  He'd claimed to be for decades and by all accounts was a great guy and had led the organization very well.  But he'd lied about his own military record practically his whole life.

I'm afraid it wouldn't surprise me to find out your buddy was never in the CIA or even in Vietnam, and certainly that he didn't have any of the inside information he claimed to have.  Sometimes the fantasy life is more interesting than the ordinary life of a banker.

History will be kind to us because we will write it.

by Sky Net on Thu Nov 22, 2012 at 05:42:34 PM PST

•  inclined to agree on the last sentence especially (0+ / 0-)

and that was my initial reaction. then I began to sway as I looked into it and thought about it...a little. for awhile.

btw, I found the guy again who was the inspiration/source for Mr. X.
              name is L. Fletcher Prouty and he seems to have gone off the deep end at some point to full crankdom. Not CIA but a liason to them from the Air force. quite a distinguished career, as a Defense dept. insider. even taught at Yale at one point. a lot of credibility in his resume and a lot of what he has to say seems to make sense at some level, but some is waaaay off the deep end. unfortunately the stuff he said that seemed to make sense got more publicity than the debunking. (the former is how I'd heard of him originally and came to think he had some cred for a bit...and he seemed to corroborate my friend's story...could be where he got a lot of it...) there is a great little site that does a good job of the latter debunking. see the links at end of wiki article on him if you're interested.

no man is completely worthless, he can always be used as a bad example.

by srfRantz on Thu Nov 22, 2012 at 06:02:22 PM PST