View Diary: University of Colorado: Guns Laws Exacerbate Dorm Shortage (127 comments)

•  So, you can't cite to the carry permit.... (0+ / 0-)

that he didn't have....

Got it.

I bet you think he was wearing "body armor" too, amIrite?

•  Another weak and feeble attempt (0+ / 0-)

to divert the discussion from the safety concerns to irrelevant technical matters.  You  - and others - get really tiresome with the constant repetition of this nonsense.

I am a warrior for peace. And not a gentle man... Steve Mason, 1940-2005

by Wayward Wind on Wed Nov 28, 2012 at 12:16:37 AM PST

•  Asking one to support their assertions... (2+ / 0-)
        KVoimakas, PavePusher

...is a "weak and feeble attempt ... to divert the discussion...?"

That's a novel way of avoiding having to support your claims, I suppose.

Oh, wait -- my mistake.  That's actually a very common dodge, isn't it...?

Yes, I often dress as a pirate. Your point?

by theatre goon on Wed Nov 28, 2012 at 04:53:20 AM PST

•  Does the existence of a permit or a kevlar vest (0+ / 0-)

have anything to do with the subject that I commented on, which focused on the real potential for a tragedy by allowing students to carry weapons on UC campuses?  Not a bit.

But easier to try to send the conversation down that tangential path than address the real issue.

Like I said - common tactic...

I am a warrior for peace. And not a gentle man... Steve Mason, 1940-2005

by Wayward Wind on Wed Nov 28, 2012 at 05:27:21 AM PST

•  Uh actually yeah. (2+ / 0-)
            theatre goon, PavePusher

In order to legally carry on campus, you'd need a legal permit. To carry. On campus.

Republicans cause more damage than guns ever will. Share Our Wealth

by KVoimakas on Wed Nov 28, 2012 at 06:16:06 AM PST

•  OK, let me rephrase the original query (0+ / 0-)

and eliminate the tangent:

Do you trust every single person you know who legally carries a weapon?

I don't.

I am a warrior for peace. And not a gentle man... Steve Mason, 1940-2005

by Wayward Wind on Wed Nov 28, 2012 at 07:51:18 PM PST

•  Typical civilians? Yes. (2+ / 0-)
                rockhound, theatre goon

More so than the police anyway.

Republicans cause more damage than guns ever will. Share Our Wealth

by KVoimakas on Thu Nov 29, 2012 at 07:33:17 AM PST

•  Ya know (0+ / 0-)

You crow about having taken "LEO" training - whatever the hell that is, and yet never miss an opportunity to denigrate the police in general.  I have no idea what they are like where you are, but where I came from, they were subjected to intense scrutiny and testing before they ever pinned on a badge, and then trained extensively.

Typical civilians not even close, even in NY which likely has the most stringent pistol permit laws in the country.

So you put your faith in the Michigan Militia, and I'll go with the cops.

I am a warrior for peace. And not a gentle man... Steve Mason, 1940-2005

by Wayward Wind on Thu Nov 29, 2012 at 05:31:49 PM PST

•  No, I don't put my faith in the Michigan Militia. (1+ / 0-)
                    theatre goon

Don't put words in my mouth.

I've taken law enforcement officer firearm training. The training is top notch but do you know how many local LEOs actually take it? Do you know how many LEOs take ANY kind of advanced firearm training?

I'm more wary of running into a bad cop than I am a bad civilian with a legally concealed firearm.

Republicans cause more damage than guns ever will. Share Our Wealth

by KVoimakas on Thu Nov 29, 2012 at 07:23:26 PM PST

•  Then you are being foolish (0+ / 0-)

If you run into what you define as a "bad cop" what do you think he or she is going to do? More importantly, what are you going to do?  Draw down on him/her?  That would not be at all smart..

And yes, I knew tons of folks who took several levels of firearms training - both as part of the job and voluntarily.  Some was offered by the department, some by the NYSP and the FBI, and some were private enterprises.

Most of the guys that I worked with spent quite a bit of time on the range, and mys sons tell me that they sometimes have a hard time getting range time now because of the number of people making appointments.

I am a warrior for peace. And not a gentle man... Steve Mason, 1940-2005

by Wayward Wind on Thu Nov 29, 2012 at 08:41:26 PM PST

•  What KV said. (1+ / 0-)
            PavePusher

You seem to be the only one here trying to divert the discussion away from facts that you don't like.

Like you said - common tactic...

Yes, I often dress as a pirate. Your point?

by theatre goon on Wed Nov 28, 2012 at 08:06:30 AM PST

•  The original question concerned (0+ / 0-)

whether or not every single CCW permit holder was worthy of trust.

Instead of responding to it, PP focused on the throwaway line about James Holmes and whether he had a CCW permit. Then introduced kevlar into the mix, but has yet to address the central issue.

So here is the question, modified: Do you trust every single person you know who legally carries a weapon?

I do not....

I am a warrior for peace. And not a gentle man... Steve Mason, 1940-2005

by Wayward Wind on Wed Nov 28, 2012 at 07:55:46 PM PST

•  Yes, you are trying to divert... (1+ / 0-)
        theatre goon

and we caught you at it.

You made an assertion/insinuation that was not true, in order to sidetrack the discussion.

Poor form, and poorly played, tiresome indeed.

• Recommended (148)
  • Rescued (21)
  • Barack Obama (20)
  • Health Care (20)
  • Republicans (18)
  • Freddie Gray (17)
  • International (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site