View Diary: Thomas Ricks: 'When the facts aren't on [Fox's] side, they attack the person' (129 comments)

•  I agree about the cover-up narrative. Eventually, (23+ / 0-)

we're going to know more about the film (which had nothing to do with the Benghazi attack), Pamela Geller's involvement and (I believe) Karl Rove's involvement.
    This is a cover up of Romney's big screw-up.
    There has to be something there or the gop wouldn't keep pounding it.  They're hiding something.

You can't make this stuff up.

by David54 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 10:48:38 AM PST

•  Pamela Geller?!?! (2+ / 0-)
      Lujane, third Party please

I know who she is but the idea that she has the clout of say -- a Karl Rove -- is really and truly astonishing.  And frightening.

•  She doesn't have much clout as far as I know, (0+ / 0-)

however, she was an associate of one of the main players in the video scam-dal and she raised funds for its production.

It's possible all of these angles are dry holes, however, until they're run down and clarified, I'm saying there's a smell there.

You can't make this stuff up.

by David54 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 05:02:54 PM PST

•  Putting on tin foil hat for a moment (22+ / 0-)

I think that someone should take a close look at the Romney campaign, Bebe Netanyahu, and the funding, timing of the promotion of the video and the attack.  To quote a favorite Fox news source, "some" say that there are dots to be connected.  It seemed a little odd that Mitt delivered a prepared speech while the crisis was happening and nobody else knew how it was unfolding.

The only reason that I don't really think that there is a scandal here is that such a conspiracy would require a degree of intelligence and cunning that the Romney campaign did not possess.

•  Cunning=sly=Fox (4+ / 0-)
        Lujane, hopesprings, David54, elwior

It's often true that the most cunning person is not necessarily the smartest. When I saw that 'AH HA!" look on RMoney's face preceding the 2nd debate Bengazi exchange it was obvious he had been prepared for and relished the opportunity to flack the lie, to poor results albeit. Not necessarily a straight line between that and the curious, probably nefarious funding and production of the (as Mrs. Hayes my fourth grade teacher would have said) "fill-um", but enough unanswered questions that the Inquiring Mind wants to know more. Solely as an opinionated speculation I'd not be surprised to see KR's greasy psuedopodia schmears somewhere up the bowels of that thing. Too bad Cthulu, uh I mean Karl can no longer depend on absolution from a President N'gTharlotep-r'Money if some skullduggery is dug up.

Just getting a handle on the knobs and dials.... Hey, don't touch that!

by Old Lefty on Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 12:06:51 PM PST

•  I definitely think there is still a stench that (1+ / 0-)
        WakeUpNeo

has not been run down. I don't have a theory, and I don't want to put one out there, but something still smells.
        I'd agree with your general sense of where it's coming from.

You can't make this stuff up.

by David54 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 05:06:08 PM PST

•  my money was on Cheney (0+ / 0-)

and the mercenary war machine he built - Halliburton, Blackwater -

Anyone know who the contractor for Embassy Security is?

This boy is Ignorance and this girl is Want. Beware them both, but most of all beware this boy for on his brow I see that written which is Doom.” ― Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

by nolagrl on Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 05:39:13 PM PST

•  You know, they'll call you a CT (3+ / 0-)
      Pompatus, OldDragon, David54

..but there is something to your argument.  Please don't ban me for saying so.

With these assholes, it's always (like my mother used to say), "One finger pointing at you, three pointing back at me."

I believe there was an attempt at some level - a fairly premeditated attempt - to turn this into an Iran hostage crisis "opportunity" (to quote Romney in his 47% speech).  Doesn't mean they set it up to happen, but there is a craziness about it that suggests they can't put it to bed until they get their money's worth out of it.

Pam Gellar had something to do with the film; I don't know how Rove could've been involved.  Rove isn't (and wasn't) the omnipotent bad guy we all think he is anymore...he may be done for a while.

"The ignorant mind, with its infinite afflictions, passions, and evils, is rooted in the three poisons. Greed, anger, and delusion." - Bodhidharma

by hopesprings on Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 01:54:48 PM PST

•  Rove was hinting that he had something up his (0+ / 0-)

sleeve in that fundraising breakfast (Tampa? ).
        I don't have a theory.
        I'm not sure exactly what happened.
        We know they planned to steal the election with voter suppression, election fraud, and any other means they could muster.
        We know there's still something very fishy about Romney's behavior on 911, 912.
        We know Rove came up with the original "Benghazi-gate" distraction from Romney's screw-up.
        We know that the gop is desperate to create an alternative narrative for what happened re Benghazi.

The final point is what sends me back down memory lane with all the other points.

You can't make this stuff up.

by David54 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 05:15:27 PM PST

•  I have a feeling (0+ / 0-)

it's McCain. He had some meetings there recently, and I just have a gut feeling he's dirty on Libya. No research done, of course, to be clear.

Atlas shrugged. Jesus wept.

by trevzb on Wed Nov 28, 2012 at 07:02:39 AM PST