Skip to main content

View Diary: To My Dad & Sorry for my Rant (123 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  Can you call your local DOT to see if (3+ / 0-)
    Recommended by:
    Fleet, stormicats, DvCM

    you qualify for Dial-A-Ride or similar no-cost taxi service?

    •  Let's get SmartE a ride quick please (2+ / 0-)
      Recommended by:
      wishingwell, DvCM

      a church, Kiwanis, Lions, Salvation Army, Red Cross...  somebody ?

      •  In many counties in PA, there is community action, (5+ / 0-)
        Recommended by:
        Fleet, DvCM, DianeNYS, peregrine kate, Vetwife

        you call the Transportation dept to schedule free or low cost rides to medical appointments.  They just ask for at least 24 hours notice in most cases.  

        The contact information should be in the blue pages of the phone book.  Various counties have different names for their community action agencies, but these are the agencies that usually handle the heating subsidy applications in one dept, area agency for the aging in another dept, and so on..there is also a Transporation Department. Dialysis patients who often need dialysis daily in some cases often use the Transportation services for the county

        These are the vans you see out and about that usually have the county's name on them or the particular agency name.  They get state and federal funding from grants to operate all of these services and transportation is one of them.

        Follow PA Keystone Liberals on Twitter: @KeystoneLibs

        by wishingwell on Wed Nov 28, 2012 at 02:49:14 PM PST

        [ Parent ]

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site