View Diary: Six Reasons "Up" With Chris Hayes Is A Must-Watch for Progressives and All Wonks. (241 comments)

•  I've been watching "UP" since it began. (15+ / 0-)

I watch it on my computer while I have my bagel and coffee. It's the most intelligent program on TV and my blood pressure rarely goes up when I'm watching it. Not much gets past Chris Hayes. You're right. He's very intelligent and very well informed. But he's an amiable, courteous host.
    Melissa Harris-Perry is on after "UP". I watch her show, too, which is the best on Afro-American issues, among others, that I've ever seen on TV. After reading Michelle Alexander's book, "Mass Incarceration, The New Jim Crow...", I have become very interested in the U.S. prison system.

48forEastAfrica - Donate to Oxfam> "It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness." Edna St.V. Millay

by slouching on Fri Dec 07, 2012 at 08:34:15 AM PST

•  MHP is growing on me, I must admit (5+ / 0-)
      Upper West, Farugia, CrissieP, regis, elwior

her speech impediment still grates on my ears but I am getting used to it.

If I can get used to Diane Rehm and RFK Jr. because of the superb content of their shows then eventually I will not have a problem with MHP.  The quality of the guests and the conversation has been excellent, especially lately.

"Politics is like driving. To go backward put it in R. To go forward put it in D."
      Four More Years! How sweet it is!!!

by TrueBlueMajority on Fri Dec 07, 2012 at 09:44:13 AM PST

•  Doesn't she interrupt too much? (2+ / 0-)
        TrueBlueMajority, Farugia

The GOP: "You can always go to the Emergency Room."

by Upper West on Fri Dec 07, 2012 at 10:52:51 AM PST

•  Speech impediment? (2+ / 0-)
        Upper West, TrueBlueMajority

I don't hear it.  Maybe I do need a hearing aid.

Democratic Free Stuff...Freedom to marry, Freedom of or from religion, Freedom to seek the medical care they want. Republican Free Stuff: Corporate Well Fare, Farm Subsidies, limited Interest on investments, oil and gas subsidies.

by regis on Fri Dec 07, 2012 at 06:24:48 PM PST

•  listen to the ess sound of her letter "S" (1+ / 0-)
          regis

it often comes out like eth.  a fairly common problem, actually.

i used to teach voice and cannot help but listen very closely to speaking voices.  singing is just talking on pitch.  so when I hear a voice that is resonant and melodious with beautifully formed sounds it is thrilling.  but on the other hand it is a challenge for me to turn off my ability to notice when someone has difficulty forming sounds.

either she is working on it or I am getting used to it or both, because it is not as grating as it used to be.

again, I like her a great deal, but my ears are my ears and when she first started out it was hard for me to listen to her.  still, I was proud of MSNBC for giving her a show, since she is obviously very bright and otherwise telegenic.  Having a speech impediment, however slight, and having your own television show, means you have to be pretty damned good at what you do.  And she is.

Four More Years! How sweet it is!!!

by TrueBlueMajority on Fri Dec 07, 2012 at 08:23:43 PM PST

•  Love MHP, but its hard to watch both. (2+ / 0-)
      Upper West, schnecke21

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy;the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness

by CTMET on Fri Dec 07, 2012 at 06:57:59 PM PST