View Diary: Citizen journalists uncover McCarthyist tactics being used against Wisconsin activists (51 comments)

•  those omissions aren't surprising (7+ / 0-)

The CapPo seem to be reluctant to go after people with press passes (they've threatened a couple of photographers, but thus far that's as far as they've gone), so they're probably leaving Rebecca Kemble alone for that reason.

The list also seems to only include people who live and/or work in the Madison area. Lori Compas lives in another county, and she's hardly ever been to a Sing Along, so there's no reason for her to be on the list. State Rep. Chris Taylor joined us a few weeks ago and even led a few songs - I wonder if they're keeping tabs on her.

"I kept the faith and I kept voting Not for the iron fist but for the helping hand For theirs is a land with a wall around it And mine is a faith in my fellow man." -- Billy Bragg

by kideni on Sun Dec 09, 2012 at 05:42:20 PM PST

•  Chris Taylor is the only elected official... (2+ / 0-)
      leu2500, Creosote

...that I know of who has participated in the Sing-Alongs. Taylor is a Democratic Wisconsin State Assemblywoman from the Madison area. We don't know for sure if Taylor is on the list or not, since the Q-Z portion of the list has not been revealed yet, and, for all we know, may never be. If Rebecca Kemble, who is considered to be a member of the press, is not on the list, I doubt that the Capitol Police would put an elected member of the Legislature on the list, but I wouldn't put anything past Dave Erwin and his ilk.

Elizabeth Warren on the Senate Banking Committee is a BFD!

by DownstateDemocrat on Sun Dec 09, 2012 at 06:10:07 PM PST

•  It's been a while... (4+ / 0-)
        leu2500, kideni, Creosote, suesue

...but many state Senators have joined us, including Lena Taylor and Kathleen Vinehout.

"They are an entire cruise ship of evil clowns, these current Republicans"...concernedamerican

by Giles Goat Boy on Sun Dec 09, 2012 at 06:55:05 PM PST

•  she's not the only one (7+ / 0-)

Quite a few Democratic state senators and assembly reps have joined us throughout the history of the SSA. Sen. Kathleen Vinehout even delivered a dedication to the SSA on the senate floor (see the end of Giles's diary here). (And Chris Taylor will be my rep come January.)

Honestly, I don't think a lot of thought has gone into these enemies lists. It's my impression that most of the people on there were already in the system before the crackdown, whether because of having been cited during legislative gallery actions or because of other contacts with the Cap Po. I think they're too lazy to look for someone like me, since I haven't pushed the envelope and I don't show up in a lot of public records. It seems as though they're content to just keep citing the same people over and over again.

by kideni on Sun Dec 09, 2012 at 06:56:06 PM PST

•  The ommission of Kemble shocked me... (3+ / 0-)
      leu2500, Creosote, exterris

...although you explained the most likely reason that Kemble is not on the list.

Compas, who lives in Fort Atkinson in Jefferson County, has only been to one Sing-Slong that I'm aware of, and that was just to snap a picture of some of the Singers reading part of the Wisconsin Constitution. A list that Compas (and possibly even Kemble, as she's an anti-Walker writer and makes no bones about it) might be on, if such a list exists, is Scott Walker's own enemies list, as Compas attempted to recall the Republican floor leader of the Wisconsin State Senate a while back. Again, it's only mere speculation that Walker might have an enemies list that is separate from the CapPo's list of Solidarity Singers, as we may never know for sure whether or not Walker has his own enemies list.

Elizabeth Warren on the Senate Banking Committee is a BFD!

by DownstateDemocrat on Sun Dec 09, 2012 at 06:46:27 PM PST

•  Do you supposed the police will figure out how to (2+ / 0-)
        oceanview, liz dexic

read DK and start adding names?

"Privatize to Profitize" explains every single Republican economic, social and governing philosophy. Take every taxpayer dollar from defense, education, health care, public lands, retirement - privatize it, and profit from it.

by mumtaznepal on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 01:11:40 AM PST

•  That will probably be the next thing (4+ / 0-)

...I'll probably end up on the Wisconsin State Capitol Police's list if they start doing that, and I've never even been to Wisconsin!

If Scott Walker reads liberal/progressive sites like DailyKos and has an enemies list of his own (I've speculated for some time that Walker may have his own enemies list that is separate from the Capitol Police's list, we may never know for sure if Walker has an enemies list or not), there's a good chance that I'm on such a list, given that I've spoken out against Scott Walker more than any other non-Wisconsinite.

Elizabeth Warren on the Senate Banking Committee is a BFD!

by DownstateDemocrat on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 02:29:31 AM PST

•  I'm quite confident... (10+ / 0-)

...that they read my posts, especially since they called my house looking for me an hour after I posted a diary exposing how they ambushed a disabled veteran after she spoke out in the rotunda and ended up sending her to the hospital.

The things they are doing really are reminiscent of McCarthy and a few other historical bad guys.

by Giles Goat Boy on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 05:23:00 AM PST

•  It could be (0+ / 0-)

that the list is mostly people they figure will be too afraid to fight back, or too inexperienced to know they can fight back.

That would fit the standard bully model they have been using so far.

I am not religious, and did NOT say I enjoyed sects.

by trumpeter on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 12:22:02 PM PST

•  not really (0+ / 0-)

It seems as though the list includes all of the people who have been cited, including those who have been cited multiple times, and all of these people are fighting back.

by kideni on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 03:20:40 PM PST