View Diary: Former Republican Governor Charlie Crist Switches Parties to Become a Democrat (197 comments)

•  Well, in all honesty ..... (15+ / 0-)

we'd have one more sitting Senator now if only the 'party line' people in Florida had used their brains and voted for Crist instead of Meeks.  Crist at least had a chance, Meeks didn't.  As a result, we are now plagued with Rubio.

I condemn Mitt Romney for political opportunism in exercising his free speech rights to criticize America's leaders during a foreign crisis. Wow, I guess I just apologized for Mitt Romney being an ass.

by emsprater on Fri Dec 07, 2012 at 08:04:23 PM PST

•  this (5+ / 0-)

Meeks was horrible and if Crist had gotten elected he would have caucused with us

"Politics is like driving. To go backward put it in R. To go forward put it in D."
      Four More Years! How sweet it is!!!

by TrueBlueMajority on Fri Dec 07, 2012 at 08:20:15 PM PST

•  you're confusing greg meeks of NY with (4+ / 0-)
        JesseCW, annecros, vicki, TrueBlueMajority

kendrick meek of FL.

•  i misspelled his name but I do mean Kendrick Meek (3+ / 0-)
          CalGal47, emsprater, condorcet

He was a joke.  He had no distinguished accomplishments to run on.  Nothing to make him a good statewide candidate.  His fundraising was poor.  Supposedly Bill Clinton tried to talk him into dropping out and endorsing Crist in order to stop Rubio, and Meek thought he was a better judge of the political situation than the Big Dog.  Meek was short sighted and he messed up.  We could have stopped Rubio in his tracks and slowed down his rise in national politics.  Now Rubio has a stepping stone to seek higher office.  We'd have one more Senator in our caucus now if Meek had had more common sense than ego.  I do mean Kendrick Meek.

Four More Years! How sweet it is!!!

by TrueBlueMajority on Sat Dec 08, 2012 at 05:29:39 AM PST

•  I made the mistake first. Faulty memory ... (1+ / 0-)
          condorcet

added an 's' to the name, not confused with any other person.

by emsprater on Sat Dec 08, 2012 at 10:29:39 AM PST

•  Crist had a chance because of the number of (1+ / 0-)
      JustinBinFL

"Democrats" who bought false middle hype and wanted to pretend they were independent.

This place needs a PVP server.

by JesseCW on Sat Dec 08, 2012 at 12:14:33 AM PST

•  Well, your support for 'Seantor' Meek is .... (0+ / 0-)

worth absolutely zero right now.  Democrats could have had another Senator.  Instead, they have nothing.  Because of rationale like yours.

You can denigrate independents all you like, but if we ( yes, I am NPA, have been ever since the Democrats gave FL a bum deal when the gop controlled FL legislature moved the primary date) had not had sense enough to choose Obama, Democrats would not have this second term, either.  So, if you want to control the agenda, you have to make choices.  Standing with Meek got you nothing.

by emsprater on Sat Dec 08, 2012 at 10:27:54 AM PST

•  Going against the "party line" is okay, except (0+ / 0-)

when it's not. Got it.

•  I don't follow anyone ... (0+ / 0-)

or any party blindly. Sorry that offends you.

by emsprater on Sat Dec 08, 2012 at 10:41:31 AM PST