View Diary: The Kabuki Theater On The Fiscal Cliff Deal (344 comments)

•  Health Care Reform Negotiations (3+ / 0-)
    Nada Lemming, slinkerwink, Dallasdoc

Some of us followed those negotiations very closely, for several months, on a daily basis.

Durbin played the role of spokesperson for the WH then, particularly on the Public Option and on other key provisions.  He was often caught countering his own publicly stated positions from one week to the next.   We learned the pattern pretty quickly.

Durbin is the guy who publicly pushes their agenda in the Senate. The Obama WH prefers to do their work in the Senate, not the House.  They know Pelosi won't always go along with what they want, nor will she exert strong pressure to make the House Dem caucus follow along. The WH has tried using Hoyer to advance unpopular, conservative agenda items in the House, with limited success.

Obama was a senator, his contacts and friends are there.  He prefers doing his work though Senate Dems because conservative Dems like Durbin, Reid, Schumer, McCaskill, et al are more willing to pressure the Dem Caucus there.

Democratic Leaders must be very clear they stand with the working class of our country. Democrats must hold the line in demanding that deficit reduction is done fairly -- not on the backs of the elderly, the sick, children and the poor.

by Betty Pinson on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 06:18:28 PM PST

•  LOL! WOW!! I'm Impressed!! You Followed The (1+ / 0-)
      Larsstephens

HC Negotiations closely!!! You must know lot's of things. You're right. I now defer to you for all life's decisions. How could I ever have questioned your insight into Obama soul. I apologize profusely for ever doubting how wise you must be. I mean, YOU followed the negotiations closely from your computer. Wow. I'm so impressed. Where can I get your autograph and can I bother you to help me make up my mind about a host of other decisions and question about life, the universe and everything that I've been struggling with. I mean, you followed the negotiations closely. Color me impressed.

This post is dedicated to myself, without whom, I'd be somebody else. Though I'd still be an asshole. My Music: [http://www.myspace.com/beetwasher]

by Beetwasher on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 06:22:41 PM PST

•  Yes, I did (3+ / 0-)
        Nada Lemming, slinkerwink, Dallasdoc

and I'm smart enough to pay attention to DC Kabuki and protect my retirement income & health care.  Lots of others feel the same way.

So are your antics aimed at preventing people from contacting the WH to pressure them into protecting SS & Medicare?  What gives?

What's your motivation for attempting to insult fellow Kossacks?

by Betty Pinson on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 06:28:55 PM PST

•  LOL! Umm, I Challenge Bullshit When I See It (1+ / 0-)
          Larsstephens

That's my motivation.

You see, it's all well and nice that YOU followed the negotiations "closely" from your comfy seat at the computer and took potshots at your best ally from the peanut gallery.

It might surprise you to know that other people on this site were much closer to the action. Some people may even be affiliated with management at large non-profit healthcare centers that actually rely on programs like M/M. They may actually WORK for a living and BE experts at implementing such programs.

Some of these people may actually have had to read THE ENTIRE ACA as part of their job because they actually have to implement it operationally, so they really actually know, pragmatically, what it does. In, you know, reality. Because they actually UTILIZE it and IMPLEMENT. For real.

Just saying there may be some people like that.

But YOU. You followed the negotiations closely online, so you must know what you're talking about.

by Beetwasher on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 06:34:21 PM PST

•  I also lobbied on the Hill (3+ / 0-)
            slinkerwink, Dallasdoc, PhilJD

and managed the efforts of a 400+ group of grassroots activists.  So there's that.

I'm not a paid lobbyist, so couldn't afford more than a couple of visits (at my own expense) to the Hill.  The rest of the time is spent where I can afford it - handling advocacy on line, by email, social media and through conference calls, town hall meetings and webinars with other health care reform advocacy groups.   Yeah, we even read different versions of the bills and went over amendments with a fine tooth comb. All volunteer.

So yeah, you may want to be careful where you toss your unclever insults.  As I mentioned before, the level of experience and expertise of fellow Kossacks is probably much greater than you realize.  But don't take my word for it, ask my senator and our local members of Congress.

by Betty Pinson on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 07:18:30 PM PST

•  LOL! Uh Huh, Sure You Did (1+ / 0-)
              Larsstephens

"I'm not a paid lobbyist".

LOL! Yeah, me neither. ROFL! I took a trip to DC when i was 14 with my JHS class and my met my rep. So there! Wrote letters too! Nyah nyah!

ROFL!

Oh! I defer to your authority you unpaid lobbyist you!

by Beetwasher on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 07:23:40 PM PST

•  It's called grassroots advocacy (2+ / 0-)
                slinkerwink, Dallasdoc

Lots of people participate for various causes, through 501 c 3 organizations, and they do it on a voluntary basis.  You have to do it on a volunteer basis, that's the way federal law and the IRS require it be done.

Why are you acting like such an arsehole?

by Betty Pinson on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 07:55:40 PM PST

•  Such A Font Of Wisdom! (1+ / 0-)
                  Larsstephens

Oh teach me oh wise one! What other pearls of wisdom will you deign to bequeath to one so lowly as I!

by Beetwasher on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 08:15:34 PM PST

•  You used to be a nice person (2+ / 0-)
                    slinkerwink, Dallasdoc

I don't know what the heck happened to you. I used to enjoy reading your posts. It's a shame you changed and became so unfriendly and hostile.

Maybe you need to take some time off from this place. Take a break.

by Betty Pinson on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 08:21:30 PM PST

•  I Was? When Was That? (0+ / 0-)

Nahh, I'm just an asshole, don't take it personally.;)

by Beetwasher on Tue Dec 11, 2012 at 10:50:08 AM PST

•  "Talking about the past is irrelevant" (1+ / 0-)
      Beetwasher

At least you are consistent
      with all of your inconsistencies.