View Diary: Hamas: We Do Not Accept Two-State Solution (87 comments)

•  meanwhile, (2+ / 0-)
    corvo, Smoh

while Hamas fantasizes about rebuilding Arab cities in Israel, Israel builds actual cities on the West Bank.

It's been a hundred years, isn't it time we stopped blaming Captain Smith for sinking the Titanic?

by happymisanthropy on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 06:07:57 PM PST

•  So one is effectively evil (2+ / 0-)
      letsgetreal, ConfusedSkyes

while the other just dreams of it?

Romney/Caligula 2012!

by sujigu on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 06:22:54 PM PST

•  Israel has other alternatives. (5+ / 0-)

Palestine has none.

by happymisanthropy on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 06:26:22 PM PST

•  The apologism for radical rightwing religious (6+ / 0-)

nuttery in these comments is astounding.

•  Are you surprised? (1+ / 0-)
            TLS66

"'Touch it dude' - President Barack Obama"

by volleyboy1 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 06:46:35 PM PST

•  I just don't understand what compels them. (0+ / 0-)

Of course, religious rightwingers are in power in Israel right now, which I'm sure when is pointed out in a diary doesn't cause them to come in and lambast Palestinian rightwing leadership.

•  I don't see water rights in context of religion (2+ / 0-)
                bluedust, Smoh

I remember reading articles about cisterns being broken as being "illegal', etc.

There isn't anything inherently religious about water rights. When one group is taking and not sharing (especially when the other group had access to the water before) that's an issue of demanding equal rights.

I think USA is spending $8 million a day on military aid to Israel. I don't know how many millions per day for Afghanistan and all the other bases.

I'd rather my taxpayer money go for something useful.

The boss needs you, you don't need him. -- France general strike, May 1968

by stargaze on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 07:57:58 PM PST

•  Hamas gives 2 shits about water rights. (1+ / 0-)
                  volleyboy1

It's not out of line to point something out that is certainly related to the strife right now....i.e. Hamas's existence.

•  I care more about my taxmoney than what Hamas says (1+ / 0-)
                    Smoh

especially as I've read credible descriptions of how Israeli right-wing fanatics encouraged Palestinian right-wing fanatics because it's politically expedient.

I don't want $8 million per day of taxpayer money being spent on people who steal water, and that's what I tell my legislators.

I believe that USA taxmoney, including a lot of my tax money, is prolonging and making things worse by propping up Israeli right-wing fanatics.

I also believe USA should be out of Afghanistan, etc., and spend my and other taxpayer's money of stuff that actually helps people: affordable housing, healthcare, education, etc.

The boss needs you, you don't need him. -- France general strike, May 1968

by stargaze on Tue Dec 11, 2012 at 08:04:36 AM PST

•  So basically you came in to change the topic? (2+ / 0-)
                      JNEREBEL, volleyboy1

That would be consistent since you changed the topic in this conversation as well.

•  Well the diary was quoting rhetoric (1+ / 0-)
                        Smoh

and the way it was presented made me think the writer thought it was something that should be a great importance for progressives in general, and upthread there is discussion of religion as if that was very important to understanding the I/P situation.

What it looks like to me is that different groups of people are fighting over the same resources and THAT is much more a reason for the fighting than religion or rhetoric.

I get mad at people stealing water and saying it's a disagreement over religion, when it looks like a disagreement over water resources to me.

I get really mad when part of my taxmoney seems to being used to steal that water.

So that was the path my thinking took to go somewhere you think is "changing the subject".

The boss needs you, you don't need him. -- France general strike, May 1968