View Diary: School Shooting in CT (367 comments)

•  Last time: (6+ / 0-)

I'd not have commented at all had a group I belonged to not been brought up with a "kiss my ass."

"That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the State ..."- Vermont Constitution Chapter 1, Article 16

by kestrel9000 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 09:45:16 AM PST

•  Bull. fucking. shit. (10+ / 0-)

I don't believe that for a second.

Every time there is a gun tragedy (either in the US or worldwide) that makes headlines, you are in that diary within minutes.

It is calculated and it is cold, and you're not even remotely fooling us with this crap.

Who cares what the fucking Republicans would vote for? They'd vote for cooking poor children and exporting them as delicacies if they had the chance. -- Jim P

by Colorado is the Shiznit on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 09:53:21 AM PST

•  Not true. (2+ / 0-)
        Tom Seaview, PavePusher

Please provide links before you call me  a liar. And remember, every time mean EVERY time.

by kestrel9000 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 10:40:05 AM PST

•  Funny, kestrel, I don't remember you (7+ / 0-)

bringing one of your own guys to task for calling me a liar, with much less provocation.

Doesn't feel good, does it?

I blog about my daughter with autism at her website

by coquiero on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 10:59:06 AM PST

•  I did... (0+ / 0-)

I think you were a consequence of a greater and almost epic failure in moderation here at dkos...you violated the hr thing, fine, no where near as bad in my mind as the nasty things people have been saying up to that...not all your fault, 'liar' wasn't good, but Pete, now gone btw, didn't hardly ever get really nasty, just kinda tedious and that also riled and shit stirred.

He also apologized twice today...so many people never do, I thought that at least was good that he did. Didn't see any apologies for the nasty names he was called tho..that's wrong too.

anyway...best, ken

This machine kills Fascists.

by KenBee on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 12:52:58 AM PST

•  Thanks, Ken, I did read his apologies (1+ / 0-)
              KenBee

I'm glad he apologized, it was the right thing to do, I hope he's doing some soul searching today, but I don't have a lot of hope for that.

Pete might not have been the nastiest guy in the world, but he called people stupid in one out of two comments.  It was his go to argument.  He had a lot of information on guns, and if his info didn't change your mind, you were stupid.

And he was a shit stirrer supreme.  He seemed to enjoy provoking people.  He didn't want to participate in other parts of this site, which means he never built relationships with people outside of RBKA.  He felt comfortable shitting on people because of the anonymity.

As I said in another comment, I do believe that offensive comments against RBKAers are not dinged like they should be, but there is a lot of bad faith at this point.

RBKA would be best served by staying out of emotional diaries on guns on days when tragedies occur.  They have every right to be there, but when they show up within the first five comments EVERY TIME, people start to feel like they're insensitive and looking for trouble.

We all need to look to today to be a bit kinder.  All of us.

I blog about my daughter with autism at her website