View Diary: Disband RKBA Today (344 comments)

•  He was a nasty son of a bitch who was as (11+ / 0-)

disruptive as he could be.

Cats are better than therapy, and I'm a therapist.

by Smoh on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 04:55:04 PM PST

•  And until today, he got the support of the group, (11+ / 0-)

even though his nastiness was always there.

The only time they told him to tone it down before was when he made statement that made them look bad, like his owning fully automatic weapons.

After all of the interaction I have had with that group, I am very cynical about any of their bullshit token moves.

Bottom line is that they do not accept anything but the most radically liberal gun access. They do everything and anything they can to disrupt any other discussion.

How many times do they pop up into diaries talking about bullet size or other technical bullshit to disrupt/divert the conversation.

"If you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing!" (on a sign at a Mardi Gras parade in New Orleans)

by ranger995 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 04:58:54 PM PST

•  I'm mostly an observer to these things, but... (0+ / 0-)

If you're going to talk about gun legislation, don't you have to talk about technical stuff, to figure out what you're going to restrict, or ban outright?

I think I generally see more complaining about the RKBA group than I see talking about what to actually do.  But I know frustration can cause that.

•  Whenever someone gets to making such (2+ / 0-)
          ranger995, atana

suggestions, RKBA jumps in totally derails the thread.  They clearly look for opportunities to make it impossible to carry on a reasonable discussion.  They are seldom more than the 10th comment in a diary that mentions guns.  They use all the tactics listed in "how to recognize trolls".  Wish I had the link, but I don't.

Cats are better than therapy, and I'm a therapist.

by Smoh on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 05:39:06 PM PST

•  I see what you are saying, the idea is that we (2+ / 0-)
          cany, Sandino

have to work out a better way of interacting with them.

We have to be as organized and disciplined as they have been.

This diary is about how to engage, and I don't think it is banning, and we are talking about tactics on how to engage this topic.

If you have ever been in a diary supporting gun control, you would see just how organized they are. How they show up in numbers and quickly derail the conversation. We have to be prepared for that if we are ever going to forward the conversation.

by ranger995 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 06:39:28 PM PST

•  I didn't know he got called today, but glad to (1+ / 0-)
        ranger995

hear it. In reality, he is their own worst enemy.

I did see him called on an error this week by one of them and asked to knock it down a notch by (perhaps the same person?) someone, but it's impossible to hold a conversation often times.

202-224-3121 to Congress in D.C. USE it! You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage them. "We're not perfect, but they're nuts."--Barney Frank 01/02/2012

by cany on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 06:48:45 PM PST

•  OK, what I saw was that he wasn't told to tone (2+ / 0-)
          cany, Sandino

down the aggressive rhetoric to other posters, what he was told to tone down was his radical gun views. It isn't about keeping a civil discussion, it is about not looking bad.

I could be wrong, and if you all tell me I am, maybe I am reading too much into it.

by ranger995 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 07:25:10 PM PST

•  Not sure. :) (1+ / 0-)
            ranger995