View Diary: TTFN (51 comments)

•  I don't understand this dismissive comment (1+ / 0-)
    Otteray Scribe

please forgive me if I am missing some intellectual subtlety.  As they say opinions are like assholes, everyone has one or as it is AKA just because one has one, doesn't mean it is especially insightful or meaningful.  Just sayin' .....

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy -7.8., -6.6

by helpImdrowning on Sun Dec 16, 2012 at 02:01:05 AM PST

•  I dunno. (0+ / 0-)

I just don't see the point in them.

Compare my my activity here in 2012 with prior years.  My posts are extremely few these days.  I just sort of left and I may be back more actively from time to time.

Preparing for the Mayan doomsday prophecy by hastily trying to get in the good graces of snake-bird god Q’uq’umatz

by dov12348 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 at 06:13:26 AM PST

•  May you learn to find your point again soon. n/t (1+ / 0-)
        dov12348

by helpImdrowning on Sun Dec 16, 2012 at 07:11:50 AM PST

•  The main reason I "left"... (1+ / 0-)
          helpImdrowning

...is that while doing over a hundred anti war diaries I realized few were very interested while we had a democratic Commander-in-Chief.

But no TTFN.  I just lost a lot of my energy and interest in writing here.  As you can see I've been trying to do a little more lately.

by dov12348 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 at 07:31:27 AM PST

•  I don't usually respond (1+ / 0-)
        dov12348

quite so sharply to comments as I did to yours.

There is a difference between saying "Don't let the door hit you in the ass" to a departing troll, or an antagonistic User, and saying something similarly dismissive to a long-time member in good standing.

That's all.

I hope that the quality of debate will improve,
        but I fear we will remain Democrats.

by twigg on Sun Dec 16, 2012 at 11:21:30 AM PST

•  Ok, point taken. (1+ / 0-)
          twigg

I wasn't aware of this person's history here.  My apologies to him/her.

by dov12348 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 at 11:26:44 AM PST