View Diary: TTFN. Catch you later. (180 comments)

•  I don't mean to be cold hearted... (2+ / 0-)
    emelyn, Wayward Son

But this site is an open forum open to those you agree with or not and those that are reasonable and not.

To blame a community as a whole for the acts of individuals on the internet is a bit over the top.

And this sentence really hit a coard with me.

"I've even seen what feels like front pagers' demonization of particular brands of guns because the Newtown mass murderer of small children used those particular brands."

Is an insult to a 'gun brand' really that traumatic?

I am sorry you feel so strongly that you might leave, but look at your reasoning with honest self evaluating eyes for you may learn more about you in all this than us.

Not only can a small group of dedicated people change the world, its the only thing that ever has.

by fToRrEeEsSt on Sun Dec 16, 2012 at 11:10:07 AM PST

•  Just to clarify my point... (2+ / 0-)
      MRA NY, emelyn

If someone were to do a front page on my favorite hamburger chain and say how salty and fatty it is thus 'demonizing' it I would not later include that in a TTFN post.

What is it about guns that is so important, so emotional, that the 'demonizing' of a brand would merit reiteration in such a diary?

Thats the part I am suggesting you think about because it speaks to a deeper truth.

by fToRrEeEsSt on Sun Dec 16, 2012 at 11:27:47 AM PST

•  Maybe I could accept the value (5+ / 0-)

in your comments were they directed at a different USer.

Kitsap River is a highly respected contributor in very good standing and she knows full well how this site works.

If she is moved to post a TTFN, it is because she feels that things have gone far beyond the normal "rough and tumble" of the common discourse.

She has earned, and deserves, our support.

I hope that the quality of debate will improve,
        but I fear we will remain Democrats.

by twigg on Sun Dec 16, 2012 at 11:45:20 AM PST

•  Maybe my suggestion of introspection... (4+ / 0-)
          twigg, MRA NY, VetGrl, emelyn

Is more supportive than you give credit to...

by fToRrEeEsSt on Sun Dec 16, 2012 at 11:48:43 AM PST

•  Okay .. accepted nt (2+ / 0-)
            VetGrl, fToRrEeEsSt

I hope that the quality of debate will improve,
            but I fear we will remain Democrats.

by twigg on Sun Dec 16, 2012 at 11:50:43 AM PST

•  No it is VERY condescending (1+ / 0-)
            Charles CurtisStanley

I was offended. Who the hell are YOU to tell a crime victim whose trauma was triggered by the shootings, and then again by some extremely shitty commentary against her by some extremely shitty people, to do some introspection?????

COME ON!!!!!!!!

How about a look in the mirror.

Supportive my ass.

Helping a food pantry on the Cheyenne River Reservation,Okiciyap." >www.okiciyap.yolasite.com<"

by betson08 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 at 01:56:31 PM PST

•  Your indignation is noted... (0+ / 0-)

Who am I that I can not?

The issue of guns is a serious issue and many could benefit by looking at why they hate or love them so much so that the issue can be discussed rationally and not emotionally.

by fToRrEeEsSt on Sun Dec 16, 2012 at 02:02:21 PM PST

•  I am a very blunt person for better or worse... (0+ / 0-)

Ever been in a situation where all your friends were too supportive just full of sympathy and understanding, but in the end what you needed was someone less close to you to offer a different perspective?

That is the role I chose to take here...

Not to be mean or insensitive, but to shed some light in a corner I saw darkened.

by fToRrEeEsSt on Sun Dec 16, 2012 at 02:14:04 PM PST