View Diary: Whenever a black kid gets shot ... (331 comments)

•  I did ask what the past held (0+ / 0-)

I asked about claims of racism today based on a persons advocating for gun control .

Do you believe in laws about marrige ?
    If so are you a racist because some marrige laws in the past were clearly racist ?

"Drop the name-calling." Meteor Blades 2/4/11

by indycam on Mon Dec 17, 2012 at 08:44:04 PM PST

•  I believe people ought to marry who they love (4+ / 0-)

as long as both participants are consenting adults. I'm actually old enough to remember miscegenation laws, and I thought they were stupid.

by BlackSheep1 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 at 08:51:09 PM PST

•  So you believe "consenting adults" (0+ / 1-)
        Hidden by:
        Steve Canella

should be the law re marriage ?
        You do understand that racists used marriage laws to harm people ?
        You are advocating for marriage laws ?
        Are you a racist ?

Do you see the flaw with that game ?

"Drop the name-calling." Meteor Blades 2/4/11

by indycam on Mon Dec 17, 2012 at 08:56:08 PM PST

•  I'm advocating against child rape, forced marriage (3+ / 0-)
          43north, Yamara, fuzzyguy

and other abuses of the marriage laws, including banning marriage equality.

What game do you think you're drawing me into?

Laws have been used to harm people of color. I admit that. I hope we are able to stop that. To that end I am a Democrat and I support efforts to change or repeal those laws to prevent further harm.
          Laws have been used and are being used to harm women. I admit that. I hope we can stop that. To that end I am a Democrat and I support efforts to change or repeal those laws to prevent further harm.
          Laws are being used to harm the GLBTQ community. I admit that. I hope we can stop that. To that end I am a Democrat and I support efforts to change or repeal those laws to prevent further harm.

by BlackSheep1 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 at 09:11:07 PM PST

•  I'm not drawing you into a game . (0+ / 0-)

I'm pointing out a game played by others
            and how that game is wrong and offensive .

"Drop the name-calling." Meteor Blades 2/4/11

by indycam on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 10:16:51 AM PST

•  are we on the same side here? (1+ / 0-)
              fuzzyguy

you've confused me.

by BlackSheep1 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 11:33:40 AM PST

•  I'm trying to get you to see the whole , (0+ / 0-)

if you support gun control you are a racist , is just a flawed game .
                I used the same "logic" , if you can call it that , with marriage laws to point out the flaw in the argument .

"Drop the name-calling." Meteor Blades 2/4/11

by indycam on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 12:23:21 PM PST

•  if you support gun control laws as the sole (1+ / 0-)
                  fuzzyguy

situation you're not approaching this realistically.

If you support racist laws, draw your own conclusions.

Gun control laws have racist history.

by BlackSheep1 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 01:07:11 PM PST

•  ... (0+ / 0-)
                    if you support gun control laws as the sole
                    situation you're not approaching this realistically.
                    Is this incomplete ?
                    If you support racist laws, draw your own conclusions.
                    Please point out what laws can't be used by racists to do their racist crap ?
                    Driving laws ? Driving while black ?
                    Rape laws ?
                    Murder laws ?
                    Drug laws ?

If we do away with every law that a racist can use to screw people over , we will have next to zero or zero laws left .

I was told , if I understand correctly , sawed off shotgun laws and explosive rounds laws are racist . Do you agree that they are racist ?

Gun control laws have racist history.
                    Marriage laws have a racist history ...

We can go around and around on this , but I'm loosing interest . The flaw in the game has been exposed .

"Drop the name-calling." Meteor Blades 2/4/11

by indycam on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 01:30:04 PM PST

•  I've already lost interest, because (1+ / 0-)
                      fuzzyguy

your point is so cryptic it doesn't reach me.

by BlackSheep1 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 02:26:34 PM PST