View Diary: Krugman On The Proposed Deal (341 comments)

•  If you read my many diaries here (9+ / 0-)

I consistantly talk about my strong belief in nonviolence.  When I say "tear down the system"  I have made it clear that I think the two party system is the problem.  Where do you get your delusions?

An idea is not responsible for who happens to be carrying it at the moment. It stands or falls on its own merits.

by don mikulecky on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 10:54:59 AM PST

•  Tearing is not "non violence". You should use (4+ / 0-)
      artmartin, FG, blueoregon, OIL GUY

other words like reform, change, or whole phrases like "we need to break the stalemate in Washington".  I agreed with artmartin that advocating "tear down the system" is advocating overthrowing the system by violent, not non-violent means.  I also agree with polecat that retaliatory HR's are against site policy.

Don't forget the purpose of this site is to elect Democrats, and advocating for non-Democrats, (no, you didn't specifically type that, but I can't see any way your words don't mean that) is also against the Blog's rules.

•  And I will note your original post above says (3+ / 0-)
      artmartin, blueoregon, OIL GUY

"bring it down".  It's your clarifying remark here that says "tear down".  Even "bring it down" is advocating against Democrats.

I do despair about the Democratic party being able to achieve real change; I'm on this site to support Democrats.  If I ever feel differently, those posts would be on another site.

•  Sorry pal (2+ / 0-)
      blueoregon, OIL GUY

but a person shouldn't have to read back through your history to find out the meaning of your words.  "Tear down the system" is pretty clear in a diary critical of the President and a political deal on the table.  Non-violent terms are things like "rebuild the system", "work towards getting the money out of politics", "urge Obama to change his mind".  Whatever the hell your words meant to you their effect is that it causes people to give up, tune out, disengage at a time when we need all the support we can get.

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." -- Carl Sagan

by artmartin on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 11:15:26 AM PST

•  dictionary definition (3+ / 0-)
        JesseCW, blueoasis, JayRaye
        To divide or disrupt: was torn between opposing choices; a country that was torn by strife.

by don mikulecky on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 11:21:19 AM PST

•  and I apologize (0+ / 0-)

for substituting "tear it down" for "bring it down".  To me they mean exactly the same thing and the justification for the HR is still there in my opinion.

by artmartin on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 11:39:47 AM PST

•  Your inability to use language is noted (2+ / 0-)
          jabney, adigal

As is your propensity for violence in everything you see.  I think we know quite a bit about you now.  Sad sad sad.

by don mikulecky on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 11:47:12 AM PST

•  Can I give you a HR for diary hijacking? (0+ / 0-)

I never give them, but my finger is itching to give you one. You totally hijacked this thread.

My dog is a member of Dogs Against Romney: He rides inside.

by adigal on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 02:16:44 PM PST

•  (people mbe can't remember other diaries) (1+ / 0-)
      artmartin

to know how you meant "tear down". That phrase struck me as well. (I did not rate). Without context it may seem violent to some/many. I wouldn't have so quick a trigger though myself

•  again I said "bring" not "tear" (0+ / 0-)

the substitution was made by the attacker

by don mikulecky on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 11:48:22 AM PST

•  get it. Bring down sounds rash (0+ / 0-)

Tear is less than bring but have to tell you Bring down seems rash well to my ears, however. You know, as in "bring downn the government"

I remember reading your original post and having a surprised reaction...not to HR but "woah that's a bit far".
          not knowing you or your previous diaries. You did not deserve to be 'attacked" or HR'd in my mind.

I don't see an attack post so maybe it was removed.

Regardless of all it sucks to feel attacked and misunderstood especially here on Kos. Myself sometimes I come here for community and solace. I've felt that way here at times unless I choose my wording Very carefully if it's a controversial topic especially.

peace

•  ps I said "bring down" the attacker said "tear" (1+ / 0-)
      Agathena

get that straight please

by don mikulecky on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 11:56:49 AM PST

•  You talking about campaign finance Don? (0+ / 0-)

Imagine a new system where lobbyists couldn't buy politicians. That would "bring down" the present corrupt system. It's got to happen one day.

❧To thine ownself be true

by Agathena on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 03:51:35 PM PST