View Diary: The picture posted on FB by an NRA friend that set me off (316 comments)

•  "babies have the right to live more than..." (1+ / 0-)
    DarthMeow504

More than you have the Right to not be subject to a warrantless wiretap?
    More than the Right to not be tortured?
    More than the Right to not be jailed without charge?
    Because this idea of infringing on Liberty for perceived security is the exact argument the right-wing gave for those infringements.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 06:34:37 PM PST

•  I agree with your opinion about TSA overreach. (2+ / 0-)
      sethtriggs, tobendaro

I disagree about the gun availability.  I've argued the second amendment as one of the checks and balances as a philosophical design of our government.

There are times when that philosophical argument buts up against the consequences of unregulated guns in reality.

Gun owners aren't going to get rid of government overreach of the TSA with semiautomatic weapons.

Electing representatives who respect individual liberties will.  Political activism is the purpose of this website.

The problem with second amendment solutions is that people mention them to justify being lazy about the other solutions.

"Jersey_Boy" was taken.

by New Jersey Boy on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 07:30:54 PM PST

•  I never claimed that TSA overreach would be solved (0+ / 0-)

semi-auto weapons. Quite frankly, I  have no clue where you got that idea.
        I stated that I reject the premise of sacrificing Constitutional liberties for percieved saftey for both the 4th & the 2nd amendment....
        And I assure you I plan on voting for those that do 'respect individual liberties', and I absolutly refuse to vote for those that do not.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 09:22:46 AM PST

•  We are not talking (0+ / 0-)

about any of those rights.  They have no impact on what went on in Newtown.  Guns do.  They need to be heavily regulated so that the right for innocents to live is maximized.  You getting your jollies off owning a killing machine does not trump their lives.  You are using the typical nra obfuscation and derailment to cloud and confuse the issue.  We will not be dissuaded anymore.  Time to act now and regulate guns and gun ownership.

Everyone! Arms akimbo!

by tobendaro on Wed Dec 19, 2012 at 05:27:34 AM PST

•  So you say. (0+ / 0-)

The right-wing said warrantless wiretaps was more important than 'risking lives'
        I reject both attempts to infringe on the Rights of Americans for the perception of safety.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Wed Dec 19, 2012 at 04:08:41 PM PST

•  Then accept (0+ / 0-)

responsibility for children's murders.

Everyone! Arms akimbo!

by tobendaro on Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 03:27:12 AM PST

•  No. I have this crazy idea that murderers are (0+ / 0-)

responsible for murders.

I assume you will stay consistant with your unAmerican idea of 'responsibility', and take responsibility for 9/11, if you didn't /don't support warrantless wiretaps.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 07:00:12 AM PST