View Diary: Emotional Intelligence. (225 comments)

•  This is exactly why (3+ / 0-)
    Onomastic, Cedwyn, durrati

this diary is skewed in favor of one "side" (precisely the "side" that the diarist is on, of course) and therefore rendered it hypocritical.  Just had to get in that dig ...

"I want everyone to be civil ... as long as they support my reality and POV".

I don't know why this diary, which had some good points which I would have tipped and rec'd, had to be ruined by inserting that divisive crap.

Meh.  Same old shit, different day.

•  That's fine. (3+ / 0-)

Everybody knows which side my bread is buttered, though.

Who cares what the fucking Republicans would vote for? They'd vote for cooking poor children and exporting them as delicacies if they had the chance. -- Jim P

by Colorado is the Shiznit on Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 08:07:51 AM PST

•  Exactly (3+ / 0-)

So when you can give specific examples of when your "side" has gone too far (as you did not hesitate to do with point #2), perhaps a diary like this can be taken more seriously by both "sides".

Have a nice day, Shiz.

•  I can't be 100% objective. (3+ / 0-)

My diaries and comments are always going to have my personality in them. This is the best I could come up with.

A nice day to you as well.

by Colorado is the Shiznit on Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 08:34:06 AM PST

•  Agitprop guised as personality (0+ / 0-)

nice....

"Fascism is attracting the dregs of humanity- people with a slovenly biography - sadists, mental freaks, traitors." - ILYA EHRENBURG

by durrati on Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 04:29:34 PM PST

•  Why was this comment necessary? (0+ / 0-)

I already know you dislike me. Big deal. We haven't exchanged a cordial word in years.

by Colorado is the Shiznit on Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 06:15:43 PM PST

•  Cause your diary still lies (0+ / 0-)

if you had fixed it I would have let Cedwyn's admonitions be the end of it....

by durrati on Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 06:25:22 PM PST

•  The best choice you could have made (1+ / 0-)
                  Colorado is the Shiznit

is to stay out of this diary.

Many people on various sides of the spectrum have found insight and pleasure in reading this piece. She's a good writer. You can't expect her to agree with you, or to have completely left her perspective out of this. But her basic points are applicable no matter where you stand. Hell, even I, as someone who tends to agree with Shiz on most things, felt a little bit challenged by her words, because I recognize I could improve my approach if I took these ideas to heart. And that is because her words speak truth. Never mind her personal bias, the points were well made, and very relevant.

I've read countless diaries by others on the other side here that I felt were biased, despite good intentions and good advice. In most cases if I couldn't stomach the person, I'd just stay out. If I had ventured in, and said things like you are saying, your friends would have hide rated me into oblivion. Notice no one is doing that to you?

That speaks volumes here.

by ZhenRen on Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 11:02:37 PM PST

•  Thanks, Zhen. (1+ / 0-)
                    ZhenRen

by Colorado is the Shiznit on Fri Dec 21, 2012 at 04:30:51 AM PST

•  The issue you here (0+ / 0-)

is not your pleasure or her bias, it is her assertion of fiction as fact. Someone must insist on truthfulness, or the end of the road is a version Fox News on the left.

by durrati on Fri Dec 21, 2012 at 05:04:26 AM PST

•  You've missed the forest for the trees (0+ / 0-)

Big picture is what matters here, not the pieces or the threads, but the whole fabric. I think most people get that. Everyone knows where shiz stands, and they get what she was saying.

by ZhenRen on Fri Dec 21, 2012 at 09:14:57 AM PST

•  you guys are hopeless (1+ / 0-)
                        ZhenRen

you sound like the Romney campaign....

by durrati on Fri Dec 21, 2012 at 04:36:34 PM PST

•  LOL! (0+ / 0-)

I'm literally chuckling out loud. Really, I am. Romney? You don't know me, and I won't enlighten you. But rest assured you are far more like Romney than I am.

by ZhenRen on Fri Dec 21, 2012 at 07:01:26 PM PST

•  When caught peddling lies about (0+ / 0-)

the president, the Rmoney Campaign had much the same response, that they weren't going to let facts stand in the way of a good narrative...look in the mirror.

by durrati on Fri Dec 21, 2012 at 07:24:13 PM PST

•  Well... (0+ / 0-)

Okay. In the spirit of this diary, I think I'll take her advice.

by ZhenRen on Fri Dec 21, 2012 at 08:48:56 PM PST