View Diary: A Reminder Of How The GOP Spent Its Last 4 Years (75 comments)

•  Great post -- great find (7+ / 0-)

but before I share it with the universe, do we know this poster is a good source who attempted  to verify the numbers?

I had getting beaten up for "not verifying" facts.  And that's a lot to verify.

"Since when did obeying corporate power become patriotic." Going the Distance

by Going the Distance on Thu Dec 27, 2012 at 10:45:20 AM PST

•  The diarist is apparently not a serious person (1+ / 0-)
      MrSpock

Your comment about verifying facts and my suggestion to provide links to back up the veracity essentially was ignored.  Instead, the people that recommended this diary apparently feel comforted in assuming it's true.

This is a good example of what can be called the "Drudge" effect.  Drudge writes headlines that re-enforce right wing memes but may have absolutely nothing to do with either the article he links to or the facts on the ground.  And yet people, reading the headline, take it as fact.  There is a diary about this on DKOS as we speak and it speaks volumes about where the Republicans have gone wrong.

But, here, on this site, the same problem exists and this diary may be an example of this.  Nobody wants to take the time to verify the data presented hear even though it has made the rec list.  I spent about 5 minutes reviewing two of the issues and one was categorically false.  Now, the case may be that only one of those issues was in error and the analysis is basically correct.  But the chances would be pretty small that I just happened upon a false charge in the diary.

But let me cut right to the chase.  The person that posted these basic "facts" on multiple sites (just google the Boehner  phrase and see where this person posted the same thing) is probably either a Republican or a Democrat.  If it is a Republican it is a person that is trying to gin up anger on the left only to "prove" that the anger is based on lies.  Or it is a Democrat who is engaging in propaganda on at least one of the issues.

If it's a Republican my basic response is FU.  If it is a Democrat I would say that there is plenty of crap from the Republicans that "we" don't need to make up crap.

Sadly, the people on this site are disinclined to research the matter and merely vote it up assuming it's true.  Not a very "reality based community" type of response, in my book.

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. Albert Einstein

by theotherside on Thu Dec 27, 2012 at 04:07:39 PM PST

•  Thanks -- am not lazy, (1+ / 0-)
        elwior

but work a lot of hours with a young child, and aging in-laws to care for.  Need to rely on the accuracy of others before I help the cause these days.

"Since when did obeying corporate power become patriotic." Going the Distance

by Going the Distance on Thu Dec 27, 2012 at 07:10:06 PM PST

•  theothersides profile suggests he is a TROLL (2+ / 0-)
        417els, madhaus

Let me cut to the chase, otherside.

Your last published article on Kos was titled:

"Educating you libturds on the Volt"

You have claimed to be a registered republican. It begs the question of what your intentions are in posting here.

You can make statements like "this poster is not a serious person" all you want (my history of posts here at Kos certainly counters that) but don't try to fool others by masquerading as a concerned liberal when you appear to be anything but.

"It doesn't matter whether you win or lose. It's how you ladle the gravy." - Felix Ungar

by Verbalpaintball on Fri Dec 28, 2012 at 04:08:52 AM PST

•  I think your last post explains you stance... (0+ / 0-)

Pretty clearly.

Kos readers can make up their own minds:

by Verbalpaintball on Fri Dec 28, 2012 at 04:15:10 AM PST

•  Hmmm, if you even vaguely peruse (0+ / 0-)

my comments you will see that I (probably too often) begin the comment by saying I'm a "conservative" and a lifelong Republican.  So your observations about either my motives or my analysis really do not hold much water.

On top of that, if you would take a serious look at my posts you would also see that I'm highly supportive of the Democratic party and that "my" party pretty much needs to be destroyed because it has become a reactionary, fundamentalist, extremist party.

Finally, try re-reading my "Educating you libturds on the Volt" diary understanding that I'm mocking the right wing attacks on the Volt and that I am actually a very proud Volt owner.  It changes your analysis, no?

by theotherside on Thu Jan 03, 2013 at 07:43:24 AM PST